Angry Birds spinoff 'Bad Piggies' set to launch this month

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The roles have been reversed in Rovio’s upcoming mobile game set to launch later this month. That’s right; this time around it’s those evil pigs that are taking center stage in a new game called “Bad Piggies”, a spinoff of the popular Angry Birds franchise.

Rovio hasn’t released a ton of information on the game just yet but we do know that this will be a completely new type of game play. There aren’t any Angry Birds to be found nor are there any slingshots in sight, the company says. Simply put, we’ll get to see the pigs’ side of the story.

“We’ve had a lot of fun creating a totally new and unique gameplay experience,” said Petri Järvilehto, EVP Games at Rovio. “There’s so much more to these pigs than what is seen in the Angry Birds games, and Bad Piggies is the first glimpse into what’s going on in the imaginative and ingenious minds of the pigs.”

Rovio made a name for itself with the popular Angry Birds franchise that first flew onto the scene in December 2009. The most recent installment, dubbed Angry Birds Space, was downloaded more than 10 million times in just three days en route to becoming the fastest-growing mobile game of all time. Bad Piggies will be the third major game launch for Rovio this year.

Look for the title to be released for Android, iOS and Mac on September 27. Rovio says versions for Windows Phone and Windows 8 will follow soon after. In the meantime, Rovio suggests checking out the Bad Piggies website for the latest news from the little green guys.

Permalink to story.

Great, another game from the early 90s that will spawn toys and other assorted landfull.

This is the opposite of technology news.

Wait, I'll be able to show off my phone with cries of, "Look at me, I'm doing things that my PC did 20 years ago! It's awsome because I can smear my creasy hands all over the screen now."

There are no words to describe the sensation of my soul being crushed.

Great, another game from the early 90s that will spawn toys and other assorted landfull.

This is the opposite of technology news.

Wait, I'll be able to show off my phone with cries of, "Look at me, I'm doing things that my PC did 20 years ago! It's awsome because I can smear my creasy hands all over the screen now."

You could always do something newsworthy so techspot can post it :eek:

Back