Annoying ads

I was browsing your latest acorn article comments and I moved the mouse off the page onto the tab bar at the top of my browser so that the portion of text I was reading wasn't obstructed, (Chrome Windows 7) and a moving advert for BT popped up in front of me, is this intentional? IMO it's very annoying especially while I was still reading the comments. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• techspot annoying ad.jpg
    techspot annoying ad.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 14
To be honest I don't see where that ad could come from within TS unless you hovered or clicked on a standard ad in the first place.

So this popped up earlier and hindered my browsing D: Not sure if techspot or NSA's attempt at covering up their shenanigans...
2e1b19g.png

Seeing my past issues from the stand point of others, makes me a proud user of Adblock Plus. If only I had control over the criteria of which ads to show, I might allow the ads that were confined to a specific space. But since I don't, I will choose to hide them all.

Seeing my past issues from the stand point of others, makes me a proud user of Adblock Plus. If only I had control over the criteria of which ads to show, I might allow the ads that were confined to a specific space. But since I don't, I will choose to hide them all.
Usually I choose to do the same, I just disable it for a select few that of which I think deserve it.

While I understand the annoyance, we already choose not to show any intrusive ads to logged in users -- but if we chose not to show any ads whatsoever, then of course, we'd be out of business.

Thanks for reporting the overlays are not yet gone, they should, but again we must go through our agency to take them down.

Update: Got reconfirmation from the agency, those overlay ads are fully gone.

Last edited:
@Julio Franco :( Halp, it seems it is back...I was browsing on meh chromebook at school and I was bombarded, I didn't get a screenie but it was this same ad.
35i3iuc.jpg

Last edited:
The Ad agency knows TechSpot will continue to pay no matter what, I doubt they are doing everything they can to prevent this.

Back