Annoying flamers on Youtube

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

I was having a delightful day, as it was quite sunny and warm today in my town. I finally got home from school, so I booted up my PC to check my mail. Thunderbird announced "So-and-So has replied to your comment."

So I scroll down the page to read it. The comment was on a Windows Movie Maker XP hot fix to stop it from freezing when saving. I am delighted that it worked so I commented and said "Thank you, WMM was acting so erratically, I'm glad it's working now."

This (insert vulgarity) person replied to me (keep in mind this is just some random person I don't know.) "Well, maybe WMM would have worked better if you didn't suck so much with computers." Trust me, there were a lot of needless swear words that had to be pulled from this sentence.

Has anyone else had a delightful experience with "naive" flamers? :haha:

Yes. Open forums get these things all the time, but they are edited or removed promptly (except in YouTube it seems)
YouTube requires better Moderating

If you see a post that should be Moderated, you can click this button
report.gif

In top right hand corner of any post.

By the way don't click the button unless it's for a valid reason, otherwise you will be looked at !

Regarding emails. Always scan with a good updated Antivirus

I find it hilarious. Some of the comments people post on Youtube are so lame it is so funny. I wouldn't take it to heart if I were you,

I didn't. lol didn't you see the haha?

He also commented again and said I bet I know more about computers than you! (What a *****)

So I go to his Channel to block him, and theres a comment there of some person giving him instructions on how to install his video card :haha: (True story, I swear)

While there still are ***** flamers out there, my impression is that the overall numbers of flamers and flaming messages are way down from what they used to be 5-10 years ago. Of course, participation in forums has changed in that there are many more specialized forums out there. It could be that Youtube, being completely unspecialized, has drawn more of the ***** flamers.

I have had people flame me, and I have only commented on two videos......kind of sad, actually.

I don't really see the point in commenting on YouTube videos anyways, I rarely visit the site unless I really want to see gameplay videos. YouTube is filled with *****s and obnoxious people to begin with so if you get mad over a comment then you're just feeding the troll.

I'll correct you TimeParadoX, the INTERNET is filled with *****s and obnoxious people, not just YouTube.

And of course, if all sites had /ignore functions....

I'll correct you CMH, the WORLD is filled with *****s and obnoxious people, not just the Internet.

I'll correct you kimsland, the UNIVERSE is filled with *****s and obnoxious people, not just the world. :haha: This is what MIB showed us. :p

Hello Obi-Wan Jerkobi,

Don't worry about it, They just do it to make them popular and make you feel bad and one handy picture:

blockuseryoutubeoh6.png

I absolutely hate the users who post these things on YouTube :/ . I especially hate the ones who are against all Americans, and the Americans who hate anyone that isn't American. It's really annoying lol.

A Friend of a Friend Says.................

kimsland said:
I'll correct you CMH, the WORLD is filled with *****s and obnoxious people, not just the Internet.
My therapist says her therapist, (a PHD in Psyc from Harvard), says; "9 out of 10 people are a*******s! I think it's more like 99 out of a 100, but since I'm not a PHD, I can't be certain, can I?............... (Cue demonic laughter)!

cfitzarl said:
I absolutely hate the users who post these things on YouTube :/ . I especially hate the ones who are against all Americans, and the Americans who hate anyone that isn't American. It's really annoying lol.

It anything these people are most entertaining if you get them in a thread together.:haha:

Update to evil flamer:

The guy has been giving all of my videos 1's, (Magnificent AMV's if I say so myself), so I just disabled ratings for a couple of days, then re-enabled it. Instant "no-rating", problem solved! :rolleyes:

cfitzarl said:

I don't hate "America" in general, I just hate the few ignorant people that ruin it for everyone else by what you say "Hate everyone and everything non-american". Although it is fun to spam the Team America song in CSS to annoy everyone on Euro servers.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi said:
People spam the "Kyles Mom is a Big Fat B****" song in the TF2 servers.

That only works when the people in the server are too young to understand what the words mean and their parents beat them for listening to bad words on the interbutts.

TimeParadoX said:
That only works when the people in the server are too young to understand what the words mean and their parents beat them for listening to bad words on the interbutts.

Oh, trust me, I do hear lots of whiney 8-year-olds in my favorite servers, especially the modded ones.

i cant tell you how many times i refused to go on youtube because i didnt want to read some comment that some kid posted. wish they were better features other than spam and thums down :(.

lol and then theres that stupid crap where they say if you don't send this message to 12 of your friends before midnight, you will die from some stupid generic horror/killer movie cliche.

Back