Annoying language bar popup

JesseM

Occasionally I'll press a certain key combination that will bring up this really annoying language bar thing (see photo). I think it is trying to translate my keyboard. I never want to see this again. How do I go about disabling it?

[EDIT] I don't feel like I described the problem thoroughly. I get this popup occasionally in a number of different programs that use key combinations, mainly when I am playing a game or in Photoshop. It seems the combination involves the spacebar.

The icon pictured pops up in a random location on screen and every time I press a key a foreign character pops up in the box.

I have only had this problem on my Asus G51 laptop running Win7 x64.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 20
*PROBLEM SOLVED*

I finally figured out the problem on my own. If you are having this problem do the following:

Go to:
Control Panel > Region and Language > Keyboards and Languages > Change Keyboards...

In the Installed Services window, the only language seen should be EN English (United States) or whatever language you use. If there are more languages installed, click the other language(s) and click Remove.

Really perplexed as to why nobody could assist me with this, it did take some time for me to find a fix on my own but surely this isn't too rare a problem.

I could have helped you with this, but I never caught your thread in the "latest comments". I got annoyed with it way back in the early XP days...Why there has to be a different layout for the British and American's I don't know.

Anyways, I guess somethings just get passed by (unluckly)...At least you solved it now though.

I apologize for not being here to answer this when you needed it. I just recently figured out how this problem happens and how to easily undo it, it is simple! Simply the cause is pressing (left)alt+shift and the same action fixes it, depending on languages attached you may need to cycle through a few languages.

Back