Anomaly in Task Manager's StartUps in x32Win10ProV20H2

Sebastian42

A program's command line is listed in Task Manager's Startups in the format "C:\Program Files\Program\Program.exe"; however there is a second (disabled) entry with "C:\Program Files\Program\Program.exe - show false". Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that superflous entry ?

Although this is dangerous you could find every entry for it in the registry but maybe you want to find the location on the drive where the program is and get it checked out with a online virus checker? Virus Total I am thinking?

I have since found that when I uninstalled it from a CLONE of the original 32bit version, those two entries disappeared one by one. At re-install, the '-show false' is what appeared in Task Manager's Startups; moreover at least four other programs had words following their paths including : /gui; /minimised; -delayrun; /auto;
in another PC with the 64bit version of the same Win10prov20H2, the program installs with "C:\Program Files\Program\Program.exe - show false" enabled. So the anomaly has charged to the two facts that there are TWO entries, and that one disabled in the original, is the one enabled in the other two systems.

Back