Anonymous targets US ammunition supplier, Combined Systems

Leeky

Combined Systems, a Pennsylvania-based company who manufactures tear gas used by law enforcement agencies around the world had its website defaced and then destroyed yesterday by hackers associated with the loosely knit group Anonymous, as part of the first anniversary of the Bahrain uprising.

The hacktivists targeted the US ammunition supplier for their part as war profiteers selling "mad chemical weapons to militaries and cop shops around the world," according to information posted on Pastebin. The data uploaded contained several employee user credentials as well as emails and account information of customers.

They didn't stop there though. "Our tag team of mayhem went the extra mile by dumping email for some of the pigs ordering anti-protester gear off their shitty website. We also hit sur-tec.com, some shitty CCTV surveillance company owned by former FBI director Clarence M. Kelley (their password was 'government'). Do you think they will appreciate the irony of being owned due to buying 'security' products from a compromised website?"

Along with the haul of private information the hacker collective also taunted the firm. "Combined Systems, lay down your arms: you just lost the game. In the past we have marched on your offices in Jamestown, Pennsylvania: now it is time to march on your websites. All your 'less than lethal' arms were simply no match for our 9000 cocks and mad blackhat technique. We came, we saw, we rooted and rm'd your website. Umad?"

"How long do you think we had your website backdoored, capturing all incoming customers registrations and orders? 42? If you ever get your website back up, do you think you will be anything more than a shadow of your former self? Will your clients ever trust you again?," they commented further.

The company's website, combinedsystems.com is still down as of writing, with load requests returning with "403 forbidden" messages and appears to have been completely wiped.

Combined Systems has not responded to any requests for comment.

Last week the hacker collective targeted the email accounts of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his support staff, disclosing potentially sensitive information pertaining to the regime and their opinions of other nations. Several of those in the list published on Pastebin used two of the worlds least secure passwords, 12345, and 123456.

Permalink to story.

wow once again ANON has done their usual BS. All they are doing is making it harder on themselves. Eventually someone from ANON is going to get caught, and every single offense that they have done is going to be piled on that persons head. And you know they will squeal hardcore. Especially if it means they would be tossed into jail with no internet and a cellmate named Bubba lol.

If there is something Anon has taught me, why do people use such simple passwords? 12345? an ex govourment FBI Director was using the password "govourment" I mean really?!

I have been saying the same thing for a while now, except that it won't be just one punk captured. It will be a large group of them, as they are stoking the wrath of countries around the world who will be doing everything they can to track them. And if some members happen to be captured outside of the US, they can disappear just as easy as Combined Systems' website did. I guess it seemed cool in the moment, but such "protester" types cave pretty fast when facing a Turkish prison sentence.

Worst of all for ANON is this..... THEY ARE SCREWING WITH THE INTERNET!!! Every website they attack or destroy is going to make ppl that much more concerned about buying ANYTHING online. Protesting is one thing, what they are doing is sabatoge. Eventually ppl will lose faith in ordering online. ANON is attacking a company whos only crime was to sell something. They have no control over the ppl who use it. Thats like sueing a car company because a drunk driver killed a family member. The conection is as flimsy as can be. These guys are less "Robin" and more "Hood".

Tygerstrike, you and I are on the exact same page... I hope every one of those little punk bastards gets caught, and charged with every computer related crime they can think of.

Are you people really such spoiled little brats ? These guys are risking their asses by actually DOING something and you have the audacity to criticize them ? You mostly sit all day at your ****ing computers and complain apparently. These guys have the balls to guy against the governments that screw you over on an hourly basis. How screwed up are you guys ?

It seems the more Anonymous attacks the more restrictions will be put on everyone. Anonymous is only providing a reason for the government to enact more restrictive laws. A better way is to work within the system, vote in elections, contact your representatives. SOPA got put on hold because people protested in a peaceful, legal way that still got proper attention and the desired results to stop it.

I don't know what kind of childhood you grew up in, but if I used those words in that context in my PRE-teen (meaning BEFORE BEING A TEENAGER) then my parents would have kicked my ***. Think before you type.

freedomthinker said:
Are you people really such spoiled little brats ? These guys are risking their asses by actually DOING something and you have the audacity to criticize them ? You mostly sit all day at your ****ing computers and complain apparently. These guys have the balls to guy against the governments that screw you over on an hourly basis. How screwed up are you guys ?

Yes, defacing facebook memorials is really fighting the good fight. Man, I wish I were as cool as those guys. Wake up. They're doing nothing to change the system, except highlighting security flaws that won't be available next time. You'd think the war on drugs would have made abundantly clear that there will always be businesses making money in an enterprise as long as there's a market, whether that market is cocaine, rubber bullets, 50mm cannon rounds, or CCTVs. If there's demand, there will be supply.

Yes, defacing facebook memorials is really fighting the good fight. Man, I wish I were as cool as those guys. Wake up. They're doing nothing to change the system, except highlighting security flaws that won't be available next time. You'd think the war on drugs would have made abundantly clear that there will always be businesses making money in an enterprise as long as there's a market, whether that market is cocaine, rubber bullets, 50mm cannon rounds, or CCTVs. If there's demand, there will be supply.[/quote]

So your saying that its better to do nothing ? Plus you do realize that Facebook sells private information to corporations, right ? The idea is to promote resistance, for ordinary people to realize that capitalism and corporate entities have failed a long time ago. All we are doing is let the corporations buy the governments and let them **** us daily. All you said basically is that there is no hope and just let's go with the flow and let them screw people over. If there is demand, there will be supply. Fine, but not for war ! Education is failing and people are dying, but the US can fund war's and plagues ? Great !

Guest said:
It seems the more Anonymous attacks the more restrictions will be put on everyone. Anonymous is only providing a reason for the government to enact more restrictive laws.

I don't think you have a good grasp on what is going on. What part of anything they are doing do you think is already legal?

I'm behind them in general, because some of these corporations are getting far too much control and they need someone or someTHING to keep them in check. The government has already failed, so the people have take back the power. You can form a picket line and chant "hell no we won't go" until you run out of oxygen, but at the end of the day, you have accomplished nothing of consequence. Corporations don't listen until their bottom line is affected, and this is something that affects their bottom line in a very peaceful and non-violent way (despite the agenda they have been advancing around the world).

Frankly, anyone who uses 12345 or their job title as a password deserves to get hacked. We learned as far back as Spaceballs that those are the kinds of passwords *****s put on their luggage.

@Zilpha - well said. This reflex people have to make new laws when old ones already make a behavior illegal is stupid as well as ineffectual, but we see it all the time.

As for this incident, the bust of a Web community was couched in terms of "serious crime," as if it were a Web franchise of Murder, Inc. Absurd.

But that doesn't matter, since it's about control, not about facts or taking a reasonable approach to what is being promoted as a problem. Personally, I like Anonymous for being selective about their targets, but then I'm biased toward freedom, not control. So far as I know, the group has never messed with anyone but authoritarians or their suppliers and enforcers, and however poorly they use the language, I'm not inclined to blame them when authoritarians act authoritarian.

Its not that I dont support ANON. Its that they do these attacks and all they are doing is cyber terrorism. Yes they are doing something. But that something is as effective as shooting spitballs at a battleship. Eventually they will have hacked everyone they can and everyone else will be protected. You cant tell me that ANON is made up of college level or doctorate level ppl. The luck will run out for them, its just a matter of time. They need to be doing attacks that matter. Hitting some retailer for selling merchandise that is meant to protect the ppl WE ask to put their lives on the line to keep order, seems not only childish but counter productive. Ok so the gear may have been used to put down a riot. Thats what its for. One or two bad apple can seem to ruin the rest. But Ive dealt with law enforcment personel for awhile, and most of them are decent ppl trying to do a job to feed their familys. I really appreciated the attack ANON did on Syria. It was a nice surprise to see ANON do something to help raise awareness.

Sorry - the "community" I referred to was the bust of that rap site in the U.K. It all seems of the same pattern to me. The rest of the comment stands - it's all about control and Anonymous is about resisting authoritarian overreaction. I can't fault them for that.

freedomthinker said:

So your saying that its better to do nothing ? Plus you do realize that Facebook sells private information to corporations, right ? The idea is to promote resistance, for ordinary people to realize that capitalism and corporate entities have failed a long time ago. All we are doing is let the corporations buy the governments and let them **** us daily. All you said basically is that there is no hope and just let's go with the flow and let them screw people over. If there is demand, there will be supply. Fine, but not for war ! Education is failing and people are dying, but the US can fund war's and plagues ? Great !

Wow, I guess Mark Zuckerberg really does come to your house, put a gun to your head, and make you sign up for Facebook. Get your head out of your ***. What you're basically saying is that it's okay to destroy cemetaries because they have to quarry the stone used for grave markers.

Also, learn some ****ing history. It's still better today than it was a hundred years ago. Ever heard of Carnegie or Ford? Guys like them are the reason have anti-trust laws today, for the royal ***-****ing they gave the general public back in the late 1800s and early 1900s. You ever read up on the origins of the FDA? It was created because the meat being sold in stores wasn't even safe to eat. Or you could look up the coal mines and steel mills before unions existed. Maybe look into the literal gang killings done by actual corporate thugs to try and stop workers from demanding fair rights.

Maybe before you run your mouth about the "corporate-owned government" of today you should actually know the history. Maybe you should realize that it's still within the power of the general public to promote progress without militancy. Just a few million people have managed to stop SOPA, in a country of hundreds of millions. There are productive ways to change the system. Grow up.

At least anonymous is doing SOMETHING rather than nothing about world governments trying to extend their reach for money.

Guest said:
At least anonymous is doing SOMETHING rather than nothing about world governments trying to extend their reach for money.

And when these governments finally get fed up with their nonsense and enact some form of emergency policy under the guise of "national security," then what? It is the nature of governments throughout history to pounce upon every opportunity to expand and solidify their power. With Anon running around defacing websites, compromising data, and flaunting their cyber prowess, they are paving the way for government regulation of the web. Once a long enough track record of what will inevitably be labeled "cyber terrorism" is established and one or two spectacular headlines are made, the powers that be will do away with the formalities that enabled us to kill SOPA/PIPA and simply do what they feel "must be done" to protect "the public's interest."

Action in itself is not necessarily productive or praise-worthy. That Anonymous is at least doing "something" is not a justification for what is, at best, a more modern aggressive form of civil disobedience. As already stated, they are adding weight to an argument that will eventually be used to crush the freedom that the Internet has come to symbolize over the past two decades. They should be shunned, not praised.

As for some of the remarks about how venturesome and magnanimous these guys are for taking a stand against The Man... That they actively engage in activities that could land them in jail is hardly worthy of respect. Breaching the security of a privately or publicly owned property whilst making sure it is near impossible to track you down is akin to walking into a war zone with an invisibility cloak. That the batteries might run out and leave you exposed isn't bravery. They are industrious, yes. But that industry is wasted on shock & awe-style tactics that do nothing more than create a spectacle.

Then when we refuse to work ,pay taxes ,and totally refuse to comply with the current status quo ,what will these greedy governments do ,huh ,tell me ,what ya gonna do?,thats right,they won't do squat,we no longer live in an age where ,they can whip you into submission,GO ANON ! i'm with you all the way.Capitalism has failed repeatedly throughout History and is do for another Epic fail,rather sooner than later,

Combined Systems knows who they sell to. They are not innocent victims but deserved what they got.

Back