Another Battlefield 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent111

I starting to resent my PC at the moment, feel like throughing it out the window, but anyway!!

I can play Battlefield 2, however the problem I have is with my wireless connection, I have a Belkin G Plus Mimo wireless USB adapter, which is connected to a Belkin router.

When I play Battlefield 2 on any server, I get random a connection error saying "There is a problem with your connection", which happens about every 10 - 20 minutes, although this doesn't disconnect me it does pause the game for a few seconds, you can imagine how frustrating this is when I'm in the middle of a fire fight as I'm normally dead when it unpauses!

I have tried everything I think of, I have no firewall running, I have opened ports, no antivirus, etc, etc.

This happens on all servers, however doesn't happen on the PC connected directly to router, which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the wireless connection.

Not sure if it has something to do with the driver from BELKIN as they say they dont have one for Vista X64, instead they suggest using Ralink, which I am.

My system is:
CPU: AMD Phenom Q9600 2.3Mhz (overclocked to 2.41Mhz)
MOBO: MA790FX-DQ6
RAM: 4 x 2GB
GPU: ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 3870 x2
O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate x64

Anyone had or have same problem??

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back