Another generic "Help with my build" thread

Computer Case Antec 600 Six Hundred
CPU Intel Core i5 2500K Unlocked (4 x 3.3GHz) 6MB
CPU Heatsink Intel Heatsink & Fan - Low Noise
Memory Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 5770 - 1 GB - (XFX) (PCI-E)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-PH67-UD3-B3 (Intel H67) B3
Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 (PCI)
Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply Corsair 600W (CMPSU-600CX) PSU - Low Noise
Hard Drive #1 80 GB SATA-II HDD 7200 8MB
Optical Drive #1 LG (CH10LS20) 10x Blu-Ray Reader & 16x Dual Layer DVD +/- RW Writer - Black (SATA)
Operating System #1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)

Just wanted to check with some more knowledgeable people that theres no glaring missakes with what I plan to go with.

I plan to mainly use this for gaming on high settings and films and such.
I'll be using my own HD in place of the one listed.

I was planning to buy from computerplanet.co.uk but if anyone has a better, cheaper suggestion that would be great.

Cheers.

• First off, you could call and ask them if you can buy the PC without any HDD at all; that'd cut some of the costs.
  • I'd recommend the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W instead of the Corsair PSU.
  • Also, the SB Audigy is unnecessary.
  • The Cooler Master Centurion 5 II would be a cheaper and equally-comparable option to the Antec 600.
  • If possible, upgrade the cooler to the Corsair H50; it'll get you a free game too and help with OCing the CPU. That brings me to the CPU: Unless you're planning to overclock, avoid it and get the i5 2300\2400 instead.

Everything else looks ok.

• First off, you could call and ask them if you can buy the PC without any HDD at all; that'd cut some of the costs.
  • I'd recommend the Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 600W instead of the Corsair PSU.
  • Also, the SB Audigy is unnecessary.
  • The Cooler Master Centurion 5 II would be a cheaper and equally-comparable option to the Antec 600.
  • If possible, upgrade the cooler to the Corsair H50; it'll get you a free game too and help with OCing the CPU. That brings me to the CPU: Unless you're planning to overclock, avoid it and get the i5 2300\2400 instead.

Everything else looks ok.

Thanks.
Still worth going with the Corsair H50 if I get a i5 2300/2400?

Why not? Keeping your CPU cool is never a bad thing. In fact, if you're willing to try it out, buy the H50 from elsewhere and install it yourself, it'll probably be cheaper, upto half the price in fact.

Back