Another Google search redirect - logs included

Status
Not open for further replies.

spethstation

I need some help...I'm getting google redirection (in IE - all I use). In an effort to get rid of it I ran all of my anti-virus software, but when I went to start up my computer, Windows Vista had limited functionality. I managed to restart in safe mode and do a system restore. Later, thinking I had fixed everything, I was searching on explorer and found that all my searches were being redirected.

I found your website and followed the 8 STEPS REMOVAL METHOD here on the site. SuperAntiSpyware found some Trojans and got rid of them. I rebooted but am still getting site redirection. What should I do from here on? I changed all my passwords on another computer to prevent further problems of another kind, but should I be looking at a complete reinstallation of vista? Reformat? Is it wise to stay off my internet until the problem is dealt with?

PLEASE HELP TECHSPOT! I can't do this alone.

Attached are my logs - please check them out!

nobody is going to open a doc file from an infected system - post .txt or .log files like the instructions say...

You must post all 3 logs separately, not in one log. Please make sure to do this next time if you have any other problems. Going over the logs right now please be patient.

There are no problems consisting with HijackThis and if you rebooted, then all the problems with Malwarebyte's should be gone, so let's run ESET. Please download and scan your whole computer, and post if it found anything and removed anything.

Yes

With the amount of Virus and Trojans found and removed
I would highly suggest to fully uninstall McAfee (completely)
Then Restart, and install a much better Antivirus (IMO) and that is Free Avira (of which I use and prefer)

Then do yet another full updated scan with Avira (and likely remove more issues)
Then Restart
Then provide a fresh HJT log

That's exactly what I'd do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back