Antivirus 2009 recently cleaned, need a double-check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehe

Was hit with Antivirus 200x today, nasty thing prevented me from opening anything other than an internet browser or running antiblocking scripts, etc. Did the 8-step guide once again and I'm hoping it worked like gem.

Anywho, would appreciate a check to make sure everything's been cleared. Thanks my tech-savvy compadres.

Is it widely acknowledged that Facebook apps tend to carry this? I've heard from several people that they do. Anything else I should do to make sure this thing doesn't procreate further before I log on without Safe Mode? Also, I disconnected an external drive after this beast reared its ugly head, so the scanners haven't touched it. Still okay to reconnect, or might there be remnants lurking in the disconnected drive?

Whenever I connect my PC to the internet more instances of spyware/malware crop up. Are there any specific registry things I need to delete in order to ensure I've stemmed the flow?

If I try to boot in normal mode, XP doesn't even boot completely, it just flashes a blue screen and restarts.

The recurring spyware are named things like Trojan.dropper and rootkit.protect, and another along the lines of trojan.dropper/fake...

You have work to do.
It appears that you still have some serious problems that need immediate attention.
What removal tools are you using... I would start with Avira Antivir, MalwareBytes, and SuperAntiSpyware... running each in SAFE MODE... They will take a lont time....

Then you will likely need to go into the next level using ComboFix and the rest...
Plan on spending a long day...

Read through the other postings for 8 steps and such... keep good notes, and have a plan so as to use your time productively.

See the "8 Step Virus Remove" by Bobbye jus further down the list of topics... That series is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back