Antivirus/Spyware/Firewall Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Outpost Firewall Pro 2009, avast! 4.8 Professional and I'm not sure which anti-spyware/malware should I use:
SpywareBlaster ???
SpyEraser (Uniblue) ???
or
SpyHunter ???

I know that I can use more than one anti-spyware software, but which one of these is more effective and which one uses less CPU?
Are there any conflicts between those internet security programs..?

And one more question..are Uniblue's RegistryBooster 2 and SpeedUpMyPC 3 effective?

Thank you in advance!

I have a secret i may post to advis folks on how to block these redirected Attacks soon but for now let me advise you that i perssonaly use NO FIREWALL or Extra malware spyware software and i search out these little nasties to learn what they do so i can block and clean them at my work ;)
I use Norton Antivirus and my own IE settings
I aslo never click on a nasty popup, I use the ALT/F4 keys to close it or the task manager and end the process iexplore.exe

The more security software you load the harder it is to manage.

Yeah, I know that it is important not to click on popups, I am also using Task Manager, msconfig, regedit etc. etc. to shutdown the infected process or something else..but however I am wondering if there is the best carefree combination of these 3 (Antivirus, Anti-spyware, Firewall)?
And IE is too much vulnerable..but that's my opinion..

Anyone else with an advice?

Anti-Malware: Probably Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)
Anti-virus: I always go with Avira AntiVir (http://www.free-av.com/)

Why Avira? It currently has the best detection out of the major AVs. It has a free version which shows a nag screen, but only once per day/update. The free version does NOT include email scanning (though if email attachments try to access the system, avira will still detect and deny it) or anti-malware detection, but that is where malwarebytes comes in.

Other good products include: Avast!, Spybot Search & Destroy and SuperAntiSpyware.

Just my opinion here, other opinions, of course, will vary.

Good luck!

I also go with Avira antivirus and malwarebytes for malware with Comodo Firewall. I've had nothing but success...

I know how to lock down IE but hey i only been here one day.

Guy's add me as friend and i will post it soon directly to ya :)

Wolf

Ok, cool, but I am asking about conflicts between these 3 internet security programs..(for example between avast!, Agnitum Outpost and Uniblue's SpyEraser..)
Are there any?
..I guess I should know if it is something wrong, right?

EDIT: And I'll try Malwarebytes, thank you Drowsiness. :)

My Point is if you can configure it correctly why use system resources when you don't need to and will have to manage all 3.
I run my Antivirus software and my IE tweaks and thats it.
i am a gamer and surfer with no firewall and i surf where i please.
never been infected in 2 years. :)

Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back