Any League of Legends players here?

Route44

I've been playing for a month and I am really enjoying myself. At first I thought it was nothing more than simple hack and slash but after watching my son, his friend, and my nephew I learned there is a whole lot more to the game play.

So, do you play and if so who are your favorite Champions?

EDIT: Okay, how do I create and attach a Poll? I though I would be prompted after I made the selection to do so.

I've been playing for about a year, casually. Level 18. Not the best in the world. You can add me. Seiyorah is my name.

My favorite champions are... Brand, and Wukong, now, was Xin/Yi.

I love those two's play styles.

Cool mopar man! I am level 18 also and not the best in the world either. Actually at level 18 I finally played my very first live game this past Saturday with people who didn't curse you out for making dumb mistakes. My son also played and it was only his 3rd live game. Both he and I are level 18 and we were invited by mid to high 20 level and two 30 level. We went up against mid-20 and 30 level players which means they had a ton more experience than my son and I.

Long story short the other team owned us for 2/3 of the game and at one time had a 5 to 1 ratio of kills. But we prevailed and won after going back and forth for almost 90 minutes. We were amazed at the outcome. It was one of the most fun and intense gaming experiences I have had in a long, long time. My the son with Tristana had the most kills and assists. I had the most deaths on our side. :eek: But I did have the second most assists. :D

I have been using my current account as sort of a training as I learn the game and the various champions. My son and I just created new accounts and we want to begin playing live at level 1 because the vast amount of our experience has been Custom Game only, i.e. versing basic bots. Are you game for starting at Level 1? If you are you'll need to create a new account with a different email address. Have you ever played the Twisted Tree Line? We could try it at level 18 but remember the servers are going to match us against another three Level 18s. Let me know what you think.

By the way, what time zone are you on? And what are your best days and times?

*** One other thing, if we get enough TechSpot players perhaps we can form a club here and play together.

My girlfriend plays regularly but it looks boring to me haha. Like yourself, I guess I'd have to dive in to understand the intricacies of the game.

About the poll, I don't see any way to add one after a thread has been created. You'll have to start a new thread and you should see "Post a Poll" if you scroll down and look at the additional options. Just ping me if you start a new topic and I'll merge the threads.

Nah, I'll just keep it as it is but thanks anyway. I am really surprised there aren't any more LoL players here.

Never tried it as I get my pvp fix in WoW. Might try and get my few gaming friends to try it out with me though.

I've been playing for a month, it's a great game. username is Rasta211

What are your favorite Champions so far and level? If we get a few more TS players we're going to have to set up a game.

@Arris - in the beginning I thought it was a mindless hack and slash with little tactics but I was wrong. Yes, it is hack and slash with spells, etc. but having to learn the different combinations and finding the right Champion for you and leaning the gaming tactics can get pretty well in-depth. However, it certainly isn't WoW. ;)

I've recently got Brand, I feel he's sooo op! But I play other champs such as caitlyn, vayne, vladimir, and malzahar.

I've recently got Brand, I feel he's sooo op! But I play other champs such as caitlyn, vayne, vladimir, and malzahar.

Cool. Thanks for the response. My nephew plays Brand which is one serious champion. I am still learning but so far I am liking Maokai, Miss Fortune, and believe it or not Poppy. The only problem with her is that she is absolutely terrible in farming which makes her weak early to early-mid gaming but once she gets her build up her damage output is amazing. But to survive early is another story. She cannot solo lane at all and must lane with either a good ranged like Miss Fortune, Tristana, etc. or a good AP like Veigar or Annie. And Brand! Never play her though with another Tank because ranged will will pick you apart.

Cool. Thanks for the response. My nephew plays Brand which is one serious champion. I am still learning but so far I am liking Maokai, Miss Fortune, and believe it or not Poppy. The only problem with her is that she is absolutely terrible in farming which makes her weak early to early-mid gaming but once she gets her build up her damage output is amazing. But to survive early is another story. She cannot solo lane at all and must lane with either a good ranged like Miss Fortune, Tristana, etc. or a good AP like Veigar or Annie. And Brand! Never play her though with another Tank because ranged will will pick you apart.

Well it seems like you're talking about the game like a pro already xD look at all those LoL phrases, "mid game" "farming" you're on your way to becoming an expert xD

Well it seems like you're talking about the game like a pro already xD look at all those LoL phrases, "mid game" "farming" you're on your way to becoming an expert xD

Well, I am learning the lingo but I stink at the keyboard which is absolutely crucial to playing the game well especially in the heat of battle. If I could find a larger keypad with only the letters Q, W, E, R, D, and F I would do tons better. I keep pressing the wrong keys especially the A under the Q. :D

Route, that's very understandable. My girlfriend Willow actually pops her ulti on accident wayyyyy too much.

I've been playing LoL ever since it started =D. Level 30...all characters unlocked. Yes I have no life T__T.

Anyway, hit me up if you want a game. Name is Agent Wiggle. I'm from the land down under so it may be hard to catch me for a game =).

Favourite hero has got to be Akali and Malzahar but I can play all them pretty decently =D

@ mopar man - I feel her pain!

@ merfoga - You sound like a highly experienced player. Akali can be devastating. Would you ever consider playing with inexperienced players? Like me. :D I have only ever played three live games. One in my old account and two in my new.

By the way, I live on the East Coast of the U.S. What is the time differential? I know we are one day behind you as it is.

I wouldn't mind =). Any game is a good game!

I'm not too sure about East Coast, but West Coast is my time plus about 9 hours minus a day...if that makes sense hahahaha. My time zone is GMT + 11.

I wouldn't mind =). Any game is a good game!

I'm not too sure about East Coast, but West Coast is my time plus about 9 hours minus a day...if that makes sense hahahaha. My time zone is GMT + 11.

The West Coast is behind us by 3 hours so then add 3 and the difference between us is 12 hours. My time zone is GMT + 5.

By the way, I really appreciate your attitude. We are trying to form a team or two where our gaming philosophy is play to win but also realizing that IT IS ONLY A GAME. We aren't going to berate and/or curse at each other if one of us messes up.

By the way, one of our guys here plays with a person from Australia. I need to ask him how he sets it up to make it work.

Depends on what you play I guess. Usually my brother and I just make a group through invite and play like that. Prefer normal to ranked as its much less serious and more fun!

I'v been burnt out on that game genre for a while, sometimes ill go back and play dota though. I like the guy who spins into a ball in LoL, Rammus I think? I was in the LoL beta back in the day. SilverSufer. When Dota 2 comes out im going to give it a go. By the way there is another game called Hon of the same genre.

@ treetops - I think the thing that can make a person burn out is the nasty, nasty community that makes up LoL. The narcissistic rage - and I mean narcissitic - is amazing in depth and scope. A Ph.D. candidate in psychology should consider doing a doctrinal thesis on LoL and the people who play. :evil: :dead: :blackeye:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game and have had some good experiences with players but we are getting to the point where we try to get together and play as a team. This way we don't have to deal with internal team drama and rage that seems to plague game play.

Level 25: Casual Player
Add me: DIULAIL0M0 (0 are zeros)
Champions I mostly play as: Miss Fortune, Yi, waiting for Maokai to be 3150 IP to buy.

I mostly play Dominion, but up for any game.

Ok so im new to league of legens and a TOTAL noob and need help I've been gettng better but need a good way to make fast IP fast cause if I bu Ziggs which im realy good with I can use him in any game which makes it so much easier!So can any one help me?

Ok so im new to league of legens and a TOTAL noob and need help I've been gettng better but need a good way to make fast IP fast cause if I bu Ziggs which im realy good with I can use him in any game which makes it so much easier!So can any one help me?

Wow I forgot about this thread and I started it! :eek: Anyway, if you want to gain IP fast you could always play Co-Op vs. AI on a daily basis but the problem with that is it cannot match any of the gaming experience you gain playing against real people in the normal PvP games.

Back