Any pricing info on Intel's Haswell CPUs?

TheDevopsGuy

I was wondering if there were any clues or news about the new intel haswell prices and variety range any clue on if the prices will be cheaper then those steep prices of sandy and ivy bridge in the begining which were hell alot

I very much doubt Intel will change their pricing structure, expect Haswell to come in at similar price points but with IPC improvements, lower power consumption and better integrated GPU.

I wouldn't call SB/IB expensive, given their performance they are reasonably priced compared to the competition. The i7 chips with Hyperthreading and the six core SB-E ones are a bit pricier but normal computer users and gamers won't need that sort of power. 1155 motherboard are around the same price as AM3+ ones too.

Every year intel improves their technology, but also reduces their price point with advancements. intel has a financial sector to sort the costs out. it is basically like apples new iphone. the 4s took $169 bucks to make and the new 5 took $189, while still having more power. it will be based off of 1156 so it will be more expensive in the sense that you will need a new Mobo and Cooler to accommodate the new socket. hope this helps

As with slh28, I wouldn't expect any significant price drops across the typical chip categories. You can likely expect to pay about the same today as you will next year for a mid-range/upper-end enthusiast chip, especially with AMD stepping out of that market. I'm also not sure what processors you're talking about, but I haven't really noticed a large change in Ivy Bridge's price since launch.

As with slh28, I wouldn't expect any significant price drops across the typical chip categories. You can likely expect to pay about the same today as you will next year for a mid-range/upper-end enthusiast chip, especially with AMD stepping out of that market. I'm also not sure what processors you're talking about, but I haven't really noticed a large change in Ivy Bridge's price since launch.
AMD APUs are actually pretty powerful, but can only compete with i3s.

Back