Apple announces it will take part in this year's Black Friday

midian182

Staff member

Black Friday hasn’t been a big deal for Apple these last couple of years. The best it could offer in 2014 was free iTunes gift cards when purchasing certain products, and last year the company sat out the event altogether. But in two days time, it will return to the famous annual sale.

A new page on the company's website teases the upcoming deals with the message: “Friday can’t come soon enough.” It invites people to "come back this Friday to check everyone off your list."

There are no details about what might be on offer, but the fact the ad features an Apple Watch means Apple’s wearables range could see some discounts. There are also promotions for the company’s free two-day delivery on items ordered before 5 pm, the Apple Store app, and the “find a store” feature so customers can check their local outlet’s extended opening times.

Further down the new page is a section that directs visitors to holiday gift collections from Apple, including music gifts, photography gifts, games and toys, and Apple gifts, which contain products such as the iPad Pro and MacBook. There’s also a link for people to buy Apple Store gift cards.

Explaining the company's decision not to take part in last year's Black Friday, Apple’s SVP of Retail and Online Stores, Angela Ahrendts, said: “Being good to your employees will always be good for business.”

If you do plan on heading out to an Apple Store for the shopping event, you’ll probably want to set off early; expect them to be even busier than most places on the day. Hopefully, Apple will have some deep discounts available that make enduring the crowds worthwhile.

Permalink to story.

The other questions is ..... are they really trying to give buyers a deal, or just exhaust the stuff on hand after which they will announce they are suspending production?!!?!?!?!?!

I reckon it's because sales are not as strong as they expected. Especially here in the U.K. The Price hikes have stopped me from buying anything Apple for the time being.

Being Apple I doubt there will be any actual deals though. It'll be £50 off so it's back to the price pre-brexit or some rubbish.

I almost bought an iPhone SE, but ended up getting ordering today a refurbished Galaxy S4 Mini. Still, in the long run I'm guessing I'll migrate to the iPhone unless the Android ecosystem comes up with a small phone that's decent. (Even the S4 Mini / iPhone SE are big for my needs / taste, but I don't think anything smaller will appear.)

Come Black Friday morning, I'll be spooning with my girlfriend - completely ignoring all the "opportunities" to go out and spend more money on plastic garbage made in foreign countries that I really don't need.

Every day is Black when dealing with Apple
just for all you sensitive folks: from Merrian Webster
- thoroughly sinister or evil :  wicked <a black deed>
-very sad, gloomy, or calamitous <black despair>
-marked by the occurrence of disaster <black Friday>

Back