Apple begins removing mask requirements for its workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

midian182

Staff member
TL;DR: Apple is removing its mask requirement rules for the company’s retail and corporate employees. Wearing the face coverings will be optional for vaccinated corporate workers in those regions where local indoor-mask mandates have been eliminated, while retail staff at a small number of locations have been told mask-wearing is now optional.

Bloomberg reports that Apple’s relaxing of its mask rules comes a week after the company removed its mask mandate for customers at many of its retail outlets but left the requirement in place for staff. However, it does still recommend that both shoppers and employees wear masks and is providing them upon request.

This isn’t the first time Apple has dropped its mask requirements. Last June, it removed them at many stores and offices but brought the rules back in July following a new wave of Covid cases.

Additionally, Apple has announced that its Today at Apple in-person sessions are returning to retail stores following a two-year absence due to the pandemic. Their hiatus will end on March 7.

While Apple appears to be returning to normality, it still hasn’t announced a return-to-the-office date for its corporate employees, which was delayed indefinitely from the original February 1 target. When that day does arrive, Apple will use a hybrid model that sees employees working three days in the office and two days from home.

The Verge notes that Google’s Bay Area employees will return to its Bay Area offices in April and use a similar hybrid model as Apple. Twitter’s staff go back on March 15, Meta’s workers return on March 28, and Microsoft fully opened its headquarters on Monday.

Permalink to story.

"For the second time"

That should be all you need to hear as to why they were required a second time: premature insistence on return to normal.

...That and also depriving impoverished countries from proper vaccination campaigns henceforth almost guaranteeing mutations and subsequent pandemics continue to emerge but well, that's not on Apple specifically even though they're rich enough they could just send billions of doses to countries in need but that's more of a tangential morality issue.

I'm triple vaccinated and 15 days ago I went away for the weekend and for the first time since May 2020 stopped wearing a mask. 5 days later I tested positive for Covid, 10 days after that I am still testing positive and feeling pretty rough to be honest, hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wish I'd carried on wearing a mask.

Apparently there is still a lot of misconception about the vaccine. It does not prevent you from getting the virus, it prevents the more harsh effects that can put you into the hospital and/or die. I just got my 4th shot and they reiterated that to me so bottom line, wearing a mask is optional but it should still be advised because of those stipulations. We don't seem to realize just how beneficial the "miracle drugs" were in fighting infections, etc. Now without their effectiveness we are going to be more and more susceptible to any and all infections, probably for the rest of our existence if predictions are right.

This is an odd article imo. Why would anyone care if Apple removed mask requirements?
People have gotten to a point with this mask stuff that it's like a "safe place" for them even when it's not needed. It's so freaking weird. I see people in their cars alone with mask on....or at work in an office where they are totally alone. To each his own I guess but it seems like a mix of paranoia and some kind of political statement to me. I heard a guy on the radio defending mask the other day and he literally said "maybe they are concerned about getting a cold". As if anyone was wearing a mask before covid to avoid a cold. Seriously maybe you should just never go outside again and live in your home hiding from the rest of humanity. If you're one of the people with health issues then yeah I get that and those are not the people I'm talking about. But in general that mask is not your home.

Well, the amazing thing about masks is... that they work!

Depending on the amount of cases in the place you live, the wearing of masks should be optional... but far too many places (lots in the US!) seem to think that Covid is "over" and everyone should just get back to normal.

It's ALMOST over... hopefully... but if everyone starts being stupid again, it won't be... and when in doubt, always bet on stupid...

Well, the amazing thing about masks is... that they work!

Depending on the amount of cases in the place you live, the wearing of masks should be optional... but far too many places (lots in the US!) seem to think that Covid is "over" and everyone should just get back to normal.

It's ALMOST over... hopefully... but if everyone starts being stupid again, it won't be... and when in doubt, always bet on stupid...
They help but how much is debatable. Seems like people can't seem to keep things into a rational perspective. I have also seen a ton of virtue signaling with mask, especially on social media and in politics and it drives me nuts. Since covid hit I always avoided large crowds, used hand sanitizer and things like that but I'll never live a life of fear and let it control me like some people do. But I'm also relatively heathy.

They help but how much is debatable. Seems like people can't seem to keep things into a rational perspective. I have also seen a ton of virtue signaling with mask, especially on social media and in politics and it drives me nuts. Since covid hit I always avoided large crowds, used hand sanitizer and things like that but I'll never live a life of fear and let it control me like some people do. But I'm also relatively heathy.
Everything is debatable... but assuming you are wearing a good mask properly, the FACTS say that you are far better protected than if you are not wearing one...

But there are degrees of protection that people and governments must balance with living their lives.

If wearing a mask doesn't bother you - then I'd definitely recommend wearing one any time you are around people. You will not only be protected from Covid, but also from any other diseases that spread through the air...

Most people, however, find masks annoying, constricting, etc... for those of you, I'd recommend only wearing one if your area still has many Covid cases and you are congregating in indoor areas. Of course, if you have underlying health issues, are elderly, etc., then you should probably be wearing a mask in any indoor setting that has other people in it.

I know I'll get hammered for this, but, unless you are wearing an N/KN95 mask or above, what I see most of the public wearing, isn't going to stop anything. If it makes you feel better, well, so be it. A doctor in surgery, wears a mask to make sure any saliva drops don't contaminate the surgical field. Also, in case of a rupture, no blood will get in his mouth. A cloth mask, will "protect" you from a micro sized virus? Then why do you see people in painting booths, nuclear plants, and some hospitals wearing moon suits?

I know I'll get hammered for this, but, unless you are wearing an N/KN95 mask or above, what I see most of the public wearing, isn't going to stop anything. If it makes you feel better, well, so be it. A doctor in surgery, wears a mask to make sure any saliva drops don't contaminate the surgical field. Also, in case of a rupture, no blood will get in his mouth. A cloth mask, will "protect" you from a micro sized virus? Then why do you see people in painting booths, nuclear plants, and some hospitals wearing moon suits?
How dare you go against the hive mind!!!!

While an N95 mask or better is ideal - ANYTHING that minimizes contact with droplets will help a bit... even a cloth mask... but yes, you really want to be wearing a good mask to get any real protection.

I don’t think you will get hammered. What you’ve stated makes complete sense and is in line with several medical professionals.

I would add the envrionmental impact of surgical masks has because it’s not insignificant. Surgical masks are not biodegradeable. Everytime you throw one away it will break up and linger in our environment as micro plastics for hundreds of years.

This is an odd article imo. Why would anyone care if Apple removed mask requirements?
People have gotten to a point with this mask stuff that it's like a "safe place" for them even when it's not needed. It's so freaking weird. I see people in their cars alone with mask on....or at work in an office where they are totally alone. To each his own I guess but it seems like a mix of paranoia and some kind of political statement to me. I heard a guy on the radio defending mask the other day and he literally said "maybe they are concerned about getting a cold". As if anyone was wearing a mask before covid to avoid a cold. Seriously maybe you should just never go outside again and live in your home hiding from the rest of humanity. If you're one of the people with health issues then yeah I get that and those are not the people I'm talking about. But in general that mask is not your home.

It's successful brainwashing. Because your government loves you, oh so much. And so people believe. "Sad but true....."

Well, I'll agree with the environmental impact... but they DEFINITELY help prevent the spread of Covid...

We should focus on keeping people from dying, not keeping viruses from spreading because most people handle them just fine. See...the goalpost was moved in 2009. And I will repeat it publicly and as often as I can to expose the brainwashing experiment that these pandemics are.

We are not going to be able to keep a quadrillion x a quadrillion viruses on planet Earth from "spreading". If you think you can do that, you are not playing with a full deck.

A healthy immune system is the best defense against any viruses.

While an N95 mask or better is ideal - ANYTHING that minimizes contact with droplets will help a bit... even a cloth mask... but yes, you really want to be wearing a good mask to get any real protection.

If we could poll every person who wears a mask in public...I'm guessing 50% would say "because it was forced upon on us by rich people who don't follow their own 'health' advice".

I've never wore a mask in a public place unless I felt like they we're going to tackle me to the ground and put a gun to the back of my head. Because it's retarded.

We should focus on keeping people from dying, not keeping viruses from spreading because most people handle them just fine. See...the goalpost was moved in 2009. And I will repeat it publicly and as often as I can to expose the brainwashing experiment that these pandemics are.

Lol, you're not exposing anything more than your bias.

And using your logic, 49% of infected people dying is OK. Assuming that's not your actual intent, what's your arbitrary cutoff of tolerable death? Which of course is yours alone. Other people will certainly tolerate a lot less, and some maybe a bit more depending on the person.

Lol, you're not exposing anything more than your bias.

And using your logic, 49% of infected people dying is OK. Assuming that's not your actual intent, what's your arbitrary cutoff of tolerable death? Which of course is yours alone. Other people will certainly tolerate a lot less, and some maybe a bit more depending on the person.
Youre response sounds like you don't understand English grammar. I said "the ultimate goal" should be "preventing death" NOT "prevention of the spreading of viruses". What part of that didn't you understand?

We should focus on keeping people from dying, not keeping viruses from spreading because most people handle them just fine.
Youre response sounds like you don't understand English grammar. I said "the ultimate goal" should be "preventing death" NOT "prevention of the spreading of viruses". What part of that didn't you understand?

Lol, judging people encourages zero people to understand you.

See your post above. Here, I conveniently quoted you:
"most people handle them just fine." Which means that the rest of the people don't handle them just fine, as many as 49% by your logic. So not containing the spread could result in as many as 49% of people dying according to your logic. I don't find that to be a reasonable outcome.

I don't even find 3% death rate to be a reasonable outcome, which is how this pandemic started.

Lol, judging people encourages zero people to understand you.

See your post above. Here, I conveniently quoted you:
"most people handle them just fine." Which means that the rest of the people don't handle them just fine, as many as 49% by your logic. So not containing the spread could result in as many as 49% of people dying according to your logic. I don't find that to be a reasonable outcome.

I don't even find 3% death rate to be a reasonable outcome, which is how this pandemic started.
But if the virus is so deadly then why is the death rate nowhere NEAR 49%? I'm confused. It appears that you equate the word "most" with 49%? I honestly don't know what the hell you are trying to even say.

Use your brain to think with. If you are very young, very old, or very sick then go get your experimental injections. cross your fingers and pray to the easter bunny that you don't get myocarditis or something else not yet discovered. At least you will feel like you did a good deed because 1 person told you this was the right thing to do. Anthony "you don't need a mask", "oh wait yep you better wear a mask" Faucci. I think that's his name.

Are these scripts I'm debating here? I feel kinda silly because I have no idea what this person is trying to say or prove.

Well, the virus causes death... so wouldn’t preventing the virus be the easiest way to prevent death? Not to mention those who get it and survive - but suffer tremendously?

but why argue with a big fat clown....

But if the virus is so deadly then why is the death rate nowhere NEAR 49%? I'm confused. It appears that you equate the word "most" with 49%? I honestly don't know what the hell you are trying to even say.

I'm using your logic. It's fine if you don't understand.

Use your brain to think with. If you are very young, very old, or very sick then go get your experimental injections. cross your fingers and pray to the easter bunny that you don't get myocarditis or something else not yet discovered. At least you will feel like you did a good deed because 1 person told you this was the right thing to do. Anthony "you don't need a mask", "oh wait yep you better wear a mask" Faucci. I think that's his name.

Are these scripts I'm debating here? I feel kinda silly because I have no idea what this person is trying to say or prove.

LOL, sorry to confuse you, enjoy your day!

Well, the virus causes death... so wouldn’t preventing the virus be the easiest way to prevent death? Not to mention those who get it and survive - but suffer tremendously?

but why argue with a big fat clown....
"preventing the virus"...okay, I'll give you a break here and assume you meant "preventing the spread of the virus" be the easiest way to prevent death.

No, if you want the easiest way to prevent death that would be to make it illegal for anybody on planet Earth to conceive children. Because if you're never born to begin with then you have a 0.00% chance of ever dying.

Let's do that instead, it sounds just as intelligent as trying to prevent viruses which are microscopic nano-sized particles from "spreading".

Oh my God. Yes, lets play God, and think we can prevent the spread of a quadrillion x a quadrillion viruses from "spreading". Easy Breezy. No problem.

*face palm*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back