Apple confirms September 12 event, new iPhone expected

Jos

Staff

Apple has sent out invitations for a press conference on September 12th. The company didn’t reveal the exact nature of the event, but if you’ve been following the news it should be pretty obvious: it’s all about the next iPhone. The event will take place at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco at 10 AM local time.

Apple is known to include few details and some subtle hints within its press invitations. This time was no exception, with a note that reads “It’s almost here.” and a big 12 marking the date, but reflecting the shadow of a 5. The latter seems to indicate that the new iPhone will be called the iPhone 5 after all, even though this would actually be the sixth iteration of Apple’s smartphone since the device was launched in 2007.

official apple iphone

Whether that’s an accurate interpretation remains to be seen. Far more interesting will be to learn what the next iPhone will bring to the table. The device is believed to come with a larger screen than previous iPhones (4-inch, 16:9 aspect ratio is the mainstream bet), 4G LTE support, the 4FF's "nano" SIM standard, a thinner unibody aluminum case with a two-tone back and a new, smaller dock connector.

If recent rumors prove accurate, Apple could open pre-orders for the new iPhone the same day the phone is announced, with sales starting a little over a week later on September 21.

Permalink to story.

Don't care.. in fact the more pathetic the lawsuits Apple launches become, the less I care. ( is it possible to 'negative sum' care? )

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've always had android smart phones but ive also always wanted an iphone, especially after jailbreaking my old ipod touch

12 million Apple devices that have had their UDIDs leaked by AntiSec, reportedly from a breach of an FBI agent’s laptop.

AntiSec claimed on Tuesday that it had culled 12 million device IDs, along with accompanying personal information, from the FBI in March of this year.

The hacker group then leaked 1 million of them, saying it had removed some of the identifiable information from the list, while leaving enough for users to see if their device was leaked.

Since UDIDs are unique to each iPhone and iPad, having yours end up in the wrong hands is a concern. The bigger issue, however, is that they were tied to additional personal information, including user names, device names, notification tokens, cell phone numbers and addresses, that could potentially lead to identity theft.

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've always had android smart phones but ive also always wanted an iphone, especially after jailbreaking my old ipod touch

not sure if trolling ¬¬

I for one couldn't care less abou the "innovations" that iphone 5 will have...

What, already?

I havent really even had a chance to see the Iphone 4, or 4s.

And all you who cant wait... why not? Hold off for the Iphone 5s, right? It's right around the corner...

Nice how the shadow is a '5'-shaped shadow. Apple and their marketing team at work.

Sixth iPhone?

iPhone
iPhone 2
iPhone 3
iPhone 3g
iPhone 3gs
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5

I count eight.

@ghasmanjr that's because you are counting a couple of products that never existed ;) (iPhone 2 and 3). The correct timeline would be the original iPhone (2007), iPhone 3G (2008), iPhone 3GS (2009), iPhone 4 (2010), iPhone 4S (2011), iPhone 5 (2012).

@ghasmanjr that's because you are counting a couple of products that never existed ;) (iPhone 2 and 3). The correct timeline would be the original iPhone (2007), iPhone 3G (2008), iPhone 3GS (2009), iPhone 4 (2010), iPhone 4S (2011), iPhone 5 (2012).
Apple is completely misconstruing the concept of numbers. This can lead to people being wrong on forums!

To the earlier guest who commented about leaked iDevice data.

Maybe the entire Lulsec pwning the FBI story is a deliberate and well timed anti apple propaganda stunt? Of course the FBI is denying everything including having the claimed data in the first place and that if they did it wouldn't be stored locally on some guys unencrypted laptop...

None of those IDs have been verified or matched as far as I've heard. Not that I've actively looked into it since I don't own any apple devices to be worried.

Well mr ranger for not carring you sure as hell care to post a lot of dum b a ss commeters.

It is so interesting how others think that we should be freking out for numbers being leaked. You have a house number on your house. No one freaks out over that. Everyone in your street knows you live there. So now the world knows where my device lives. Who the hell cares. What they going to steel my baking resepie. Or the pictures of my dog. Or garden. Or the stupid jack ss videos my kids recorded crashing shopping carts. Or do you want to watch me on the camera while I brows the web sitting on the toilet.

Back