Apple ID Security Alert

learninmypc

I just received it via email & went thru the verification process till it asked for my SSN, I stopped & X'd out. Do they need my SSN to verify its my acct??
The email is this
We've detected an unusual login attempt in your account,

Your Apple ID account was used to sign in to FaceTime on an iPhone Xs.

To ensure your security, access to Your account has been temporarily locked until our Verification Office has received the necessary documentation to confirm recent account activity

Visit: Verify your account (link removed)

This precautionary step is taken as a security measure to defend you, our valued customer, Upon receipt of the requested documentation, we will re-evaluate the status of your account.

Thanks,
Apple Support
I DON'T own an iphone X or know anybody that does.

Last edited by a moderator:
The copyright date at the bottom is off, it shouldn't be 2018 but 2019.
Just to be super sure it belongs to apple, call apple customer service and have them verify that email.
Just a tidbit for you to think about, if you never owned apple anything, or do not have a apple account related to itunes whatever.
That should be a red flag to tell you its a scam, just verify with apple when you call them to clear everything up.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

The copyright date at the bottom is off, it shouldn't be 2018 but 2019.
Just to be super sure it belongs to apple, call apple customer service and have them verify that email.
Just a tidbit for you to think about, if you never owned apple anything, or do not have a apple account related to itunes whatever.
That should be a red flag to tell you its a scam, just verify with apple when you call them to clear everything up.

https://www.apple.com/contact/
Ok, I do own a few apple devices & have itunes. I just happened to remember hearing & reading NOT to voluntarily add your SSN to anything, couldn't understand why they would need it so I slammed my brakes on. Thanks for your input :) .

Back