Apple is reportedly telling staff to get their booster shots

midian182

Staff member
A hot potato: Apple is reportedly going a step further than those companies requiring employees to get a Covid vaccine by telling its store and corporate workers that they need booster shots, too. The alternative is taking frequent Covid tests before entering premises belonging to Apple or its partners.

The Verge writes that once an Apple employee is eligible for a booster shot, they will have four weeks to get one. Failing to comply will mean the workers have to take frequent tests to enter a retail store, partner store, or Apple office starting February 15th.

“Due to waning efficacy of the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines and the emergence of highly transmissible variants such as Omicron, a booster shot is now part of staying up to date with your COVID-19 vaccination to protect against severe disease,” Apple states in an internal email seen by the publication.

Apple vaccination rules don’t go as far as some other companies. It is one of the few tech firms that doesn’t make vaccinations mandatory for staff; unvaccinated corporate employees have to take daily tests, while unvaccinated retail workers must test twice per week. It had required vaccinated employees to submit once-weekly Covid tests but later reduced the frequency of these tests.

In contrast to Apple, Google has told its unvaccinated employees (without exemption status) that they could lose pay and even their jobs, but it has not yet made booster shot mandatory, while Facebook parent Meta is making boosters mandatory for those returning to the office. We had heard that Intel’s unvaccinated employees also faced unpaid leave, though the company seems to have backtracked, emphasizing in its recently updated Covid policy that it “does not require that its workforce obtain the COVID-19 vaccination.”

Permalink to story.

We had a covid outbreak on one of my jobsites and it basically shut the whole thing down for over a month, about 60% of the employees got covid. They didn't force anyone to get vaxxed but made you pay for a weekly test if you choose not to. Before that they didn't really care but the delays cost the company millions

We had a covid outbreak on one of my jobsites and it basically shut the whole thing down for over a month, about 60% of the employees got covid. They didn't force anyone to get vaxxed but made you pay for a weekly test if you choose not to. Before that they didn't really care but the delays cost the company millions
Its not your responsibility to make your working environment safe, laws in all countries say the business must make it a safe place to work... so they cannot make you pay for anything, if they dont have a way to screen you in 10min its their problem, not yours, plenty of tests available

Its not your responsibility to make your working environment safe, laws in all countries say the business must make it a safe place to work... so they cannot make you pay for anything, if they dont have a way to screen you in 10min its their problem, not yours, plenty of tests available

1. There have been very few deaths among those that have all three shots.
2. The US Supreme Court recently made OSHA ineffective in executing mandatory steps to make
the work place safe from COVID, among other things.
3. As has been proven in the past with Polio and several other diseases, vaccinations work.
Perhaps not for everyone but for a wide majority.
4. The rush to bring forward vaccinations and treatments has eliminated the normal time period
for testing and refinement to make vaccine's safe for "everyone".

Mandatory inoculations have nothing to do with politics, individual rights, bla, bla, bla. It has everything to do with survivability of the species but as we are seeing every day, the high degree of ignorance due to lack of education and gullibility of the population, far too many people simply are not using everyday common sense.

It now appears to be a race to see what can kill off the population faster; Covid-like disease or environmental collapse. Fortunately, mother earth will survive as she has done time and time again ... with or without the current species commonly refereed to as mankind.

My work is 99% fully vaxxed in a city that's 65% fully vaxxed (82% adults) in a state that's 50% fully vaxxed. The omicron rates across work, city, and state are nearly identical. It's almost as if...

My work is 99% fully vaxxed in a city that's 65% fully vaxxed (82% adults) in a state that's 50% fully vaxxed. The omicron rates across work, city, and state are nearly identical. It's almost as if...

He didn't finish.....
He DIDN'T FINISH!

Covid got to him! Crap...RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Perhaps something a bit more preemptive should be done and not just hoping a bulIshit suppressant shot will magically protect you.

Gee....maybe something like this would be more beneficial to society as a whole, instead of giving all those fu¢ktards at big pharma piles and piles of cash for something that's not working.

2. The US Supreme Court recently made OSHA ineffective in executing mandatory steps to make
3. As has been proven in the past with Polio and several other diseases, vaccinations work.
4. The rush to bring forward vaccinations and treatments has eliminated the normal time period

Mandatory inoculations have nothing to do with politics, individual rights, bla, bla, bla. It has everything to do with survivability of the species but as we are seeing every day, the high degree of ignorance due to lack of education and gullibility of the population, far too many people simply are not using everyday common sense.

It now appears to be a race to see what can kill off the population faster; Covid-like disease or environmental collapse. Fortunately, mother earth will survive as she has done time and time again ... with or without the current species commonly refereed to as mankind.

I’m going to go with politically-driven human ignorance as the catch-all to the two options above.

It really is impressive how many people can’t read hospitalization statistics, free of charge - nor can they remember for the past 90 years people have been getting flu shots and still sometimes contracting seasonal influenza… because, oh wait, vaccines have never been this magical rainbow shield against what it’s protecting from.

But hey, you can’t tell a lot of people such common sense, it doesn’t compute in modern times.

Actually no, the *actual* alternative is home office and remote work. And I'm already being exceedingly generous: there should be no alternative to vaccination as the actual violation of rights it's permitting a disease to hurt entire cities and millions of people to respect the 'right' of individuals to inflict harm on others by becoming walking, talking disease vectors.

But still back on topic: I am positive there is absolutely no reason for most of this Apple people to be back at their offices. We *know* all their tasks can be done remotely, Apple continue to make BILLIONS when they were forced to do so. All offices do rationalize the ridiculous investment in the campus built and the also ridiculous investment in keeping around tons of useless bureaucracy and useless managers that only want to be in person to play office politics and find ways to both take credit and deflect blame for their own work, which is usually nothing of actual value.

I’m glad I work for an employer who doesn’t force their employees to get the vaccine. Although we are 100% double jabbed, every single one of us caught covid in September anyway, 2 older people hospitalised for 2 days (although they claim it wasn’t necessary). I’m not having the booster now. I’m 35 and very healthy, according to the ONS my chance of survival from delta is 99.996% and I’ve already had it.

Sorry but I'm not taking the vaccine....but I have good reason and no it's not some conspiracy theory balogna, it's moreso my own common sense. Allow me to explain. I'm 31 and have taken 2 flu shots since I was 16. The one I got when I was 16 destroyed me and gave me the flu for two weeks. The last one I took was 2 years ago after I developed type 1 Diabetes (an auto immune disorder) because my Dr. recommended it. After that I was so sick for 2 weeks I was literally laying in bed dying/tripping my behind off.

I'm hearing all across the news about all these side effects of the covid shot. I'm hearing these same stories from my actual friends I know online/irl about how they feel funny, their arms feel like someone is trying to rip it off.....you name it. Since covid has been around I've been going out in public with both a mask on and off depending on what decision I feel like making. I've never had covid as far as I know, but I have been sick during this time period, very sick......but I'm not dead and I've been MUCH sicker in my life compared to that.

So tell me.....why would I get a shot? Logically tell me. Other peoples' safety is not the correct answer. If I can run around with an auto immune disorder and not die probably says something about this whole covid thing. Perhaps I'm tempting fate.......but the last two times a needle went into my arm it destroyed me for weeks, therefore I'm not getting it. No conspiracy theory balogna, just my own common experiences.

The currently available "vaccines" are not immunizations, and therefore should never be mandated. We are still learning about the negative effects from mRNA vaccines vs natural immunity - and it's not looking good. Some European countries are reporting negative efficacy (more likely to experience severe illness) with shots/boosters than without. It's all a huge, obvious scam at this point.

The only thing that might be any of Apple's business is whether or not you are significantly more likely to spread covid at the workplace. With Omicron and current vaccines (even with the booster), there is almost no difference when it comes to transmissability. Of course, media will try to paint a different picture by pointing out higher "case" counts (positive tests) among the unvaccinated... but what do we think is going to happen when venues and corporations are requiring unvaccinated people to constantly be tested, while requiring nothing of the vaccinated? If you are the only group being tested over and over, you are going to appear to be the source of all the cases. This is part of what would have made the OSHA mandate so sinister... it would have created a self-justifying feedback loop, just like what we are seeing now at a smaller (but still massive) scale.

Good. My antibody count was like 400 AU/ml after 2 shots, and jumped to around 20 000 after the booster. It's not an exceptional case, studies show the same numbers. It's a nobrainer to get it. There's no such thing as "too many antibodies". Especially when it comes to omicron, where it makes a world of difference in terms of efficacy.

The currently available "vaccines" are not immunizations, and therefore should never be mandated. We are still learning about the negative effects from mRNA vaccines vs natural immunity - and it's not looking good. Some European countries are reporting negative efficacy (more likely to experience severe illness) with shots/boosters than without. It's all a huge, obvious scam at this point.

Yeah, because you decided so, right? All vaccines work like this, there's no 100% immunization to anything, there's no cure without ANY possible side effects. But suddenly in 2021 all people on Earth became facebook vaccinologists.

Well... Note what Apple says about the vaccine:

“Due to waning efficacy of the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines...”

Fauci and Pfizer recently issued similar statements. It's common knowledge that vaccine efficacy rapidly declines after a couple of months. The majority of infections and deaths are fully vaxxed.

VAERS reports over 20,000 deaths occurring shortly after receiving the vaccines. And over 100,000 serious adverse responses. Independent estimates place the real vaccine death toll at 10x. The long term death toll may be much higher.

By the way, OSHA only regulates work related hazards. This is why they do not regulate flu virus exposure at work. Nor Junk Food consumption, despite mass obesity. The Supreme Court was correct to shoot down Biden's mandate.

There's no reason to mandate untested and potentially harmful substances that only give you a couple of months protection. The rush to bring forward vaccinations and treatments means you're the guinea pig.

The amount of ignorance, recklessness and stupidity from the right-wjng anti-vaxxers is mind-boggling.

And this is on a Tech forum where one expects some people to have what resembles a brain!!

What part of Apple's quote don't you understand?

This is what 'right wing anti-vaxxers' have been saying for the last two years. Please consider the possibility that 'right wing anti-vaxxers' are correct about lots of things, and that you are the one who is uninformed.

Yeah, because you decided so, right? All vaccines work like this, there's no 100% immunization to anything, there's no cure without ANY possible side effects. But suddenly in 2021 all people on Earth became facebook vaccinologists.

It's okay. Take time to learn the differences between mRNA shot and monovalent vaccine...we'll wait.

No, because that's how immunizations have always worked prior to the meme flu. When you get a measles vaccine, you do not contract measles. "Killed" or "inactivated" immunizations provide "sterilizing immunity," which means that you *do not* develop symptomatic illness, full stop. Not sure what you mean by facebook whatever, you simply need to educate yourself in the terminology. And I'm not talking about the "revised" definition of "vaccination" to include useless mRNA covid shots. I'm talking about the difference between immunization and vaccine. These are facts, and you should at least acknowledge them and stop listening to the MSM. They are paid for by literally Pfizer.

Sorry but I'm not taking the vaccine....but I have good reason and no it's not some conspiracy theory balogna, it's moreso my own common sense. Allow me to explain. I'm 31 and have taken 2 flu shots since I was 16. The one I got when I was 16 destroyed me and gave me the flu for two weeks. The last one I took was 2 years ago after I developed type 1 Diabetes (an auto immune disorder) because my Dr. recommended it. After that I was so sick for 2 weeks I was literally laying in bed dying/tripping my behind off.
FWIW - And I bet that after taking the flu-vaccine, if you told your doctor that you got the flu from the flu shot, the doctor said "You can't get the flu from the flu shot". Why would I bet that, because I've been there, done that. However, if you go to the CDC web site and look at the adverse reaction symptoms of the flu-shot, surprise, they are the EXACT symptoms of the flu. Every time I have taken the flu shot in my adult life, I have had those symptoms. They are worse than the flu, IMO, so I told my doctor I am never having the flu-shot again, and I finally got him to stop f'in pestering me every year to get it. To top it off, the last time I got the flu-shot (about 4-years ago) including an extreme reaction to the shot, I then got the flu, too, because, apparently, they guess wrong about the strains of the flu in the shot that year. I was out from work for a week with the flu after getting the flu shot. So, I don't bother to get a flu-shot especially since they are, at best recently, 25-30 percent effective.

With the way that my body reacts to the flu-shot, I don't buy into that autoimmune crap - my immune system certainly reacts quite strongly to flu-shots.
I'm hearing all across the news about all these side effects of the covid shot. I'm hearing these same stories from my actual friends I know online/irl about how they feel funny, their arms feel like someone is trying to rip it off.....you name it. Since covid has been around I've been going out in public with both a mask on and off depending on what decision I feel like making. I've never had covid as far as I know, but I have been sick during this time period, very sick......but I'm not dead and I've been MUCH sicker in my life compared to that.
I decided to get the COVID vaccine (Pfizer), though. I barely had any symptoms except for a sore arm. (I credit, in part, meditation for the lack of symptoms - FWIW) That was tolerable. I also had the booster, same symptoms sore arm and nothing else.

The COVID vaccine is completely different in the way that it operates from the flu-shot. Perhaps that is why I had almost no symptoms. Is it a guarantee I won't get covid? NO, but all scientific evidence points to the infection being significantly less intense if someone has had the vaccine before they get it - especially people like me - I also have insulin dependent diabetes.
So tell me.....why would I get a shot? Logically tell me. Other peoples' safety is not the correct answer. If I can run around with an auto immune disorder and not die probably says something about this whole covid thing. Perhaps I'm tempting fate.......but the last two times a needle went into my arm it destroyed me for weeks, therefore I'm not getting it. No conspiracy theory balogna, just my own common experiences.
Its certainly your choice not to get the shot. However, I think that there is a substantial amount of mis-information out there that people take too seriously. Sort of like hearing of a murder in an area of a city, and refusing to go there because you think you will be murdered when in reality, your chances of being murdered in that area are lost in minutia.

According to this paper - https://medicalxpress.com/news/2022-01-predator-virus-exploits-frailty-ill.html
The death rate increase across all groups increased by the same amount regardless of underlying conditions.

The amount of ignorance, recklessness and stupidity from the right-wjng anti-vaxxers is mind-boggling.

And this is on a Tech forum where one expects some people to have what resembles a brain!!
That's because, in part, they all think the vaccine manufacturers are all involved in some sort of scheme to make as much money as they can. IMO, I think that is more reflective of those making those claims than it is of the vaccine manufacturers. They all also claim, without any proof, that Fauci, Bill Gates, and God knows who else, are in on the "Scam" too. :rolleyes: Ah, but what the heck, many people believe that Trump won the 2020 presidential election, too, without any evidence of cheating, and even after many states, conducted audits - some of which were completely repubilcan controlled and they also found no evidence of fraud.

What part of Apple's quote don't you understand?

So what? It was unknown how long immmunity would last from the day that the decision was made to develop the vaccine - because that is the way that vaccines, more appropriately put, the human immune system works in many cases. There is more than one vaccine that needs boosters - take tetanus, for instance.

Back