Apple now training employees on iOS 5, iCloud?

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Apple is said to have begun training store employees on how to use iOS 5 and iCloud in preparation for what is likely the iPhone 5’s pending announcement and launch. Both iOS 5 and iCloud are expected this fall and a new operating system traditionally coincides with the launch of new hardware.

Apple blog 9to5Mac got their hands on a couple of photos from Apple’s RetailMe iPad application that is used to train store employees on new software. The first image shows a portion of the Daily Download, a newspaper for employees. In this section, we can see that iOS 5 and iCloud are both “just around the corner” and that Apple will be preparing a series covering everything customers will need to know in order to obtain the best iOS experience.

In the first photo we can see a partial date of Wednesday listed but the image cuts off before showing what month or specific day. If I had to guess, the likely date would be Wednesday, August 31. The second photograph is unfortunately too blurry to read any of the content.

Such advanced training could be a clue that Apple might launch the next iPhone sooner rather than later. Initial reports pinned an announcement and launch sometime this month, however the latest rumors point to a launch in October.

iOS 5 is said to be the most extensive software update ever for iOS devices with over 200 new features and updates such as iMessage and over-the-air OS updates. iCloud is described as a synchronization platform between devices and will replace MobileMe. Users will be able to sync things like mail, calendar, bookmarks, documents, photos, music and apps automatically across all devices.

Permalink to story.

Apple, please don't dissapoint me, I turned down a Galexy SII to wait for the iPhone 5(4S)...

WHAT? i thought the genius at the genius bar would have the IQ to figure it out since they are the university type... oh wait they all study an arts major

Back