Apple sends out invitations for September 10 iPhone event

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Apple on Thursday sent out media invitations for an event scheduled to take place on September 10 at the Steve Jobs Theater in Cupertino, California. Although the invitation doesn’t state as much, Apple is widely expected to unveil as many as three new versions of its popular iPhone.

The latest intelligence suggests two of the three new iPhones will feature OLED displays. These handsets will also feature “Pro” branding and a trio of rear-facing cameras – a wide angle, an ultra-wide angle and a telephoto shooter. The third phone, a replacement for the iPhone XR, will reportedly feature two rear-mounted cameras and two new color options in green and lavender.

If Apple follows precedent, the new iPhones will launch a week and a half later on September 20.

Some believe Apple may also announce new ceramic and titanium versions of the Apple Watch. If true, it would be the first Apple Watch produced in a titanium finish. Apple Watch Series 2 and 3 came in ceramic versions but the option wasn’t offered with Series 4.

It’s unclear if the new watches will be added to the Series 4 lineup or arrive as part of a bigger Series 5 reveal.

Apple’s September 10 event is slated to begin promptly at 10 am Pacific.

Permalink to story.

If you own a apple device I laugh at you for paying way too much.

Really? Here's a few matters for you to consider, in the context of Samsung:
. Android is free. There is no cost to Samsung. Apple creates its own OS and there is a significant cost involved.
. Samsung make most of the components in their phones and manufacture their own phones. Apple buy all the components for their phones, including purchasing some parts from Samsung, and phones have to be manufactured by a third party.
. Samsung barely support upgrades to the phone OS for two years. Apple supports iOS upgrades for 5 years, and even 6 years in some cases. There is a cost for that support.
. Tests regularly show Samsung hardware to be 1 to 2 generations behind iPhones.

And yet, Samsung devices costs the same, if not more, than EQUIVALENT iPhones.

Chuckle all you want but the reality is that it is Samsung users who get ripped-off.

Now that you, hopefully, understand the facts of the matter, feel free to go back and edit your response.

Didn't they just release new ones recently? Feels like yesterday.

Its probably going to be a snoozefest - incremental updates to cameras n ****.

They have powerful hardware, perhaps they should improve iOS to make some use of it.

If you own a apple device I laugh at you for paying way too much.
Nice personality you have there. If product is good and suits my (or somebody else) needs I'll pay whatever I want without worrying about trolls with delusion of grandeur.

So yes I have iPhone7. One of only 2 devices with Apple logo I have /ever/ owned.

I've paid full retail price (in EU) and after tons of Android crap I consider it to be best phone ever owned (the only phone now). I'm not one of the mobile-zombies which sit on the phone 24/7. Battery easily holds the charge for 7 days, when it was brand new easily for 2 weeks. I can call from any place, have no problems with coverage in remote areas. Just plug and play. Extremely intuitive OS. Regular patches for 5 years at least. And as I'm extremely critical of Apple business practices but in this instance - It Just Works. Never let me down once.

"It doesn't have 3.5" jack!" For crying out loud there's adapter in the box, how lazy somebody has to be to not use it. I have no idea who is making this problems go viral.

Cubi Dorf Honestly you probably have the best attitude here. I also like to see new tech even if its from a company I'll probably never by from. Technology is cool. And ypsylon I agree with the first bit of your comment Nice personality you have there. "If product is good and suits my (or somebody else) needs I'll pay whatever I want without worrying about trolls with delusion of grandeur." I feel like Iphones or any phone for that matter has its own pros and cons. Personally Iphones are to expensive for what I would be doing which is just listening to music so for me a cheap android is best but if you run a business maybe an Iphone is better because you have siri to help manage everything for you.

I am a long time Apple iPhone buyer and I currently have a XS MAX 512GB.

Personally, I'm not hyped for the 11. Triple cameras isn't that big a deal. My phone does EVERYTHING pretty much flawlessly and I see no need to upgrade with the exception of getting a 1TB storage if possible for my Youtube videos.

On a side note: I think the mistake android makers are making is trying to keep up with Apple's release schedule.

One new phone a year makes sense for Apple simply because iOS users have nowhere else to go.

Android users have less money (globally) and are more resistant to upgrading (as claimed by your recent article). Having to spend a whole $1000+ each year is senseless when all you're doing is talking smack on Facebook or playing low res games.

...[ ].....Now that you, hopefully, understand the facts of the matter, feel free to go back and edit your response.
How did that work out for ya? Did you get a lot a rewrites?

Samsung make most of the components in their phones and manufacture their own phones. Apple buy all the components for their phones, including purchasing some parts from Samsung, and phones have to be manufactured by a third party.
Oh come now, Apple practically owns Foxconn. And working conditions at the iPhone factory are so atrocious, they had to put suicide prevention nets under the dormitory windows.

So spare us the "poor Apple" stories.

As for Apple availing themselves of OEMs, it's very often cheaper to buy from an already built, proven factory, than it is to start from scratch and build your own.

The only thing American about Apple, is their "spaceship campus" in sunny so cal. That's where all the "dudes" (and I must assume "dudettes"), walk around all day yapping on their phones, while walking into the all glass walls.

Next, Apple took summarily back music people had purchased and were storing in their cloud.

Then there was the older iPhone throttlng scandal, where Apple tried to pass it off as though their customers were children, and they were throttling the phones "for the customer's own good".

But yes, iPhones do, "just work", and that's because the system is so closed, it almost impossible to have them not work, unless the customer is somehow, "holding it wrong".

Now please don't try to suggest that I rewrite this post, because there's plenty more anti Apple sentiment where that came from, and it's all verifiably true.

Last edited:
@captaincranky No matter how little you know about a matter, you always feel confident to comment. I guess that is part of you rehabilitation programme. Good on you.
Well, mI know this much, Chevy doesn't make the tires for their new vehicles, I believe Bridgestone does. In other words, Chevys use plenty of parts from OEM manufacturers. In fact, using OEMs is common industry practice. Instead of building a factory for a specific part, it's actually cheaper to contract an OEM to make certain parts for you. So Apple,. isn't "losing profits" by using outside contractors", they're saving money.

Which is pretty much the same crap you're spouting about , "poor Apple".

And as soon as you start spouting a bunch of crap about "how little I know, yet comment anyway", gives away the fact you're an Apple fanboy, you think they can do no wrong, and that you're the one who really, "knows it all".

All the rest of that which I posted, is taken from the TV news, and articles here at Techspot, which I assume aren't posted just to disparage Apple, but are well founded in truth

Now, you're most likely not a psychiatrist, and thus you have no business commenting on what you think my state of mental health is.

I posted what know to be the truth, and I really don't give a crap whether it indulges your "Apple is the god of smartphones fantasy", or not"

Last edited:
@captaincranky No matter how little you know about a matter, you always feel confident to comment. I guess that is part of you rehabilitation programme. Good on you.
Here ya go, yak your way out of these links:

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...throttling-battery-management-ios-12-1-update

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

https://technology.inquirer.net/727...nto-the-glass-walls-of-their-new-headquarters

https://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/apple-responds-over-iphone-4-reception-issues-youre-holding-th/

The only incorrect statement I made was apparently Goodyear, not Bridgestone is the OEM for Chevy tires. But still, they don't make the tires themselves.

Last edited:
Back