Apple TV remote interferes with the Genius speaker system

Arthurik_jan

Searched all over the place and can't find a single hint as to how this nut should be cracked.

I have an LG 47LW575S-ZC television with an Apple TV hooked to it. I have the TV connected to a Genius SW-HF 5.1 5050V2 sound system.

The issue that I have is that when I use the Apple TV remote it ends up interfering with the sound system which has it's own remote. It mutes it, changes the input, lowers the volume for some channels, etc. The interesting thing is that it doesn't happen vice versa. The Genius remote doesn't interfere with Apple TV.

Even my Samsung TV tuner remote interferes with the Genius sound system.

I think this is a pure Genius problem (although I do not know if it's a general issue or just my model) and I would really like to find a way to solve this. Maybe if someone could help me disable the Genius's IR reciever then I could use any remote without worrying about the interference as my speaker system is only connected to the TV so I don't need to constantly touch it.

Thank you in advance for the help and if I've posted this incorrectly or done something stupid feel free to make fun of/criticize/swear at/recommend a reasonable action to me.

:) Arthur

Place a piece of opaque tape over the IR sensor on the speaker system to block the incoming signals. The sensor will be someplace behind the dark plastic window on the sub woofer. You'll probably need a flashlight to see the sensor

Back