Apple's polishing cloth will take the smudges off your Apple devices for $19

Humza

Staff member
WTF?! Remember the $400 wheels for Apple’s Mac Pro desktop that didn’t even have a locking mechanism, or the $1,000 monitor stand for the Pro Display XDR? Well, Apple’s latest product to be listed on its store - a $19 polishing cloth - is yet another highly (and unusually) overpriced item that's asking a bit too much for that embossed Apple logo in what otherwise looks (and probably performs) just like an ordinary microfiber cloth.

Apple's recent hardware event was an impressive showcase of the company's most powerful chips yet, running under the hood of its new MacBooks. However, another newly released product to raise a few eyebrows is Apple's polishing cloth, which it now sells separately on the Apple Store for a not-so-small sum of $19.

It's likely the same, or a revised version, of the cloth that Apple included (and recommended) with its nano-textured Pro Display XDR monitor. Owners of these displays were advised by Apple to get in touch should they happen to lose their provided polishing cloth. Listing it as a separate purchase will probably make things smoother for both sides now.

Aside from being made from 'soft, nonabrasive' material, there's not much besides to justify that price tag other than that embossed Apple logo, of course.

There's also a list of compatible Apple devices, should you need an expensive piece of cloth to clean an old iPhone SE or an iPod touch.

Permalink to story.

This is too cheap, should have been $49 ;)

Before Apple haters open their mouth; 25 dollars mean nothing to Apple customers. I know it's your food budget for a week but calm your tits.

Apple is the most succesful company in the world for a reason and poor dudes rambling online won't change this.

Before Apple haters open their mouth; 25 dollars mean nothing to Apple customers. I know it's your food budget for a week but calm your tits.

Apple is the most succesful company in the world for a reason and poor dudes rambling online won't change this.

Well nothing is expensive if you want it.

Personally I prefer the cloths from Calotherm.

Not sure about your superiority complex, but it doesn’t make me feel superior to others by overpaying for a microfiber cloth because it has an Apple on it. It makes me feel like a tool, because a little brainpower saves money for other premium items.

For a dose of reality, here’s a little snippet about one of the richest men in the world and their view on excess:

“[Warren Buffett] continues to live in the same house in the central Dundee neighborhood of Omaha that he bought in 1958 for $31,500. He says that he has everything he needs in that house, which is not walled or fenced in. He preaches that we shouldn’t buy more than what we really need. He drives his own car everywhere he goes, having forgone a driver and security people. And although he owns the world’s largest private jet company, he always flies commercial airlines.”

I make very good money as a program manager at a F500, but just because I -could- have a few more nice things, I don’t - because they add little to no value to my life.

On other sites the price is 25 euros.

I have seen so much coverage about this cloth. This is what it’s for, to get every tech website to give Apple some free indirect marketing.

Techspot, you’ve been played.

Apple, just give us a $100 toilet paper with Apple logo, and be done with it! I'm sure you've got a prototype lying around somewhere!

I think this product is a simple IQ test. And I already see people who failed it.
Most Apple buyers have plenty of money. Did they get all this money because of low IQ then? 😂

It's a mindset. When you have enough money, you buy what you want. This is what most Android users can't seem to understand, because they are limited by their budget, in most cases.

This is also why Appstore is far more succesful than Play Store in terms of sales. Buying apps is like peanuts for Apple owners. For Android owners it can ruin their foodbudget for the week 😂

Most Apple hate comes from people who can't afford Apple products and therefore hate Apple as a result, because they have zero first hand experience with their products.

Apple is the most profitable company in the world, for a reason.

Back