Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me. I encounter this error while using a program to access a server:

The instruction at 0x07440000 referenced memory at 0x07440000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program

The error seems to change each time I try it again.

<<
The instruction at 0x07590000 referenced memory at 0x07590000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program

The instruction at 0x077f0000 referenced memory at 0x077f0000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program

The instruction at 0x075e0000 referenced memory at 0x077f0000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program
>>

etc.etc.

I am using Vista Ultimate (upgraded from Vista Premium), with all updates (SP1), 32-bit OS. I have 2 GB ram and this program isn't resource intensive, so I don't think ram is the program. Does anyone have an idea?

Nope, I don't have Nero.

To be more specific, I'm experiencing this problem in a gaming application on StarCraft. It works fine normally, such as connecting to Battle.net, the online feature of this program. What I'm trying to do is access a private clan server. To do that, I've added the address to the registry.

It does connect, but then crashes with the above error when finalizing (at "Accessing Account" screen). I'm not sure if any of this is helpful, but I do know that this problem seem to only exist for Vista users, with the exception of Vista Basic.

Well it's either not releasing the network properly, or a video synching issue or a version incmpatability.

As I'm not so much into online game faults and diagnosis, I'm not sure what to recommend.

Possibly do another post under gaming, somewhere there may know a lot more than me.

Try setting StartCraft to the Windows 98 Compatibility mode. and/or 256 for color. StartCraft is an oldie- it's also possible that your graphics card may be too advanced to handle it.

I have been gettin the same thing too and i have Windows Vista. It gives me the same application error, so have u ever fixed it yet? if yes, please help me out

kathermouth, this thread is 8 months old. Please start a separate thread, describing your specific problems, any detail and your system information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back