Archos VR Glasses are compatible with nearly any smartphone, priced to sell

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Archos, the French consumer electronics company best known for building budget-friendly tablets, is preparing to launch a virtual reality headset. Their solution, the Archos VR Glasses, is a bring-your-own-screen headset that'll accept smartphones with screen sizes up to six inches...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/58468-archos-vr-glasses-compatible-nearly-any-smartphone-priced.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Skidmarksdeluxe

To me it sounds like the Oculus is already dead then if all it takes is your smartphone and a cheap headset thingy to make VR a reality. Shame, and FB has just dropped a ton of money on them.

Rippleman

To me it sounds like the Oculus is already dead then if all it takes is your smartphone and a cheap headset thingy to make VR a reality. Shame, and FB has just dropped a ton of money on them.
I assume that the oculus could have a lot more true horsepower compared to a phone, video power in particular.

Reactions: SantistaUSA

IAMTHESTIG

The Oculus is targeted at hardcore gamers. There are plenty of us spending money on hardware. I think it will do just fine if the price is right. Rather than spend $400 on a nice 27" monitor for gaming, I could keep my old 24" and get the Oculus.

Reactions: SantistaUSA

Skidmarksdeluxe

The Oculus is targeted at hardcore gamers. There are plenty of us spending money on hardware. I think it will do just fine if the price is right. Rather than spend $400 on a nice 27" monitor for gaming, I could keep my old 24" and get the Oculus.
You could be right but targeting it just at hardcore gamers doesn't sound terribly lucrative to me, I woulda thought you'd want to sell as many as possible to as many people as possible.

SantistaUSA

It would only be dead if this VR for $30 is any good which I highly doubt it, I bet the resolution is horrible and won't be worth the money, but people might just buy it since it is dirt cheap. I'm betting my money on the Oculus.