Are either of these good LCD TN monitors?

Stealth3si

I know this has nothing to do with video cards, but this thread comes closest to the OT and you guys more likely are knowledgeable about 'display hardware devices,' sooo I thought maybe you guys would know better than anyone else when it comes to monitors. Or perhaps I'm posting in the wrong forum/thread?

Anyhow, I currently own a Samsung SyncMaster 914v monitor (19") and I want to upgrade to either of the two following monitors: ASUSML248H and Dell P2411H.

Does anyone know if either of these are good LCD TN monitors for around $200-$300?

I know there are better ones out there but I just would like to hear 1st/2nd hand experiences.

I find the Dell P2411H quite an impressive monitor. If you shop around, you can usually find a good price.

There are some interesting results that come up in Google when "ASUSML248H" is typed in. It appears you have asked this question in every single forum on the entire net.

The Dell will probably the one to get but oooh what about the Hanns·G HZ251HPB? It's on sale for $184.01 (after CA taxes)??! So tempting...

Edit: On second thought, I just visited their Newegg site and after having read some reviews, I'll have to decline this offer due to very noticeable bleeding, i.e., white light "glow" around the edges when viewing "dark" video or images, despite the positive rating and reviews.

Does anyone know a 27" monitor for under $300?

I just missed a deal and wanted to see if I can find another one.

Back