Are These Graphics Cards Compatible with my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

argueta789

Hi i am looking to upgrade my Graphics card since i cant play alot of games because it is not powerful enough so i was wondering what Graphics card you would recommend in the 0-130$ range here are my SPECS:

Hp Pavilion a1324n SYSTEM MODEL : 061 EL464AA-ABA A1324N

hard Drive : 300gb
memory : 1gb
Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200
Processor : INTEL PENTIUM 4 INSIDE
524 INTEL PENTIUM 4 PROCESSOR WITH HYPER THREADING TECHNOLOGY

Thats all i got for now , so if you need more info , just tell me how to get it.
and how about these cards below or what ever you recommend :

-EVGA GeForce 9500 GT Video Card ,

EVGA GeForce 9400 GT Video Card , -Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 Video Card

and i want to play flight simulator 2004 or FSX at medium to HIGH setting's if possible

MAIN CIRCUIT BOARD:
BOARD: Hewleet-Packard Asterope 1.0
BIOS : American Megatrends inc. 3.07 01/27/2006
BUS CLOCK : 133 MEGAHERTZ

monitor :hp vs19 ( 19 inch)

Bus adaptors: ANXIMXZE IDE Controller
Standard Enhanced PCI to usb Host Controller
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (2x)

i think i have found out what motherboard i have
it is a ECS RC410-M
please can you give me recommendations on a graphics card that is compatible for this pc thanks

You also need to check your power supply if you want a better card. Those Geforces are a little low end.

They might run FX2004 fine, but FSX is a whole different story, you'd need a better CPU and much better video cards for that game :(

i have found my power supply model it is a : Hipro HP-D3057F3R LF
but on the Power supply it self it says 300 watts so thats what i am guess it is hipro 300 w power supply

You'll need a more powerful PSU with any new card that you get. At you price point I would suggest this card.

Or if you'd like something with a tad bit more power you could try this.

No. The HD 4770 would also require a more powerful PSU. If you'd have to continue with your present PSU then you'll have to go with the HD 3650. However, that card will have a much lower performance in any new games.

Hi Argueta, from what I've read so far I'd agree with the rest here that you really need another PSU (They're easy to install btw). It's very important to have a good PSU especially if you want a better card as that HD 4770 will not work with your current PSU (Don't even think it has a 6pin connector). Your system is a bit on the older side so imo its gonna be hard to just slap in a nice GPU and be done.

If your total budget is only $130 I'd personally go for a simple & good PSU (I personally use this one and haven't had any issues but there might be better options for you). That would give you ~ $85 left for a card, and a good mainstream card in that area imo is the HD 4670 which offers the best value. You might be able to push your PSU to run it, I wouldn't recommend it thou.

Anyway the HIS HD 4670 is pretty good which offers superior cooling and free shipping. If you don't like that just search around newegg if you want a different 4670, might even find a good MIR if you like those offers (NOTE: Some 4670 take 2 slots instead of 1 make sure you have room!). And regarding the 3650 I wouldn't recommend going there as its not worth it since you can do better. If you add a bit more to your budget you might even be able to go a bit higher GPU wise or save up and add another gig of RAM as you're only running 1gb atm. Hope I gave you some more options :) .

PS: Wolfram you live so close to me! =X

I wouldn't recommend either of those PSUs. This would be the best combination at your price range:

CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX - $49.99
HIS Radeon HD 4670 1GB - $74.99

Ritwik is right, those PSU's aren't good. I'll let you in on a secret that we all know but PC/PSU manufactures don't tell ya :stickout:. Cheap PSU's suck, most stock PSU's are bad and high wattage on the PSU's doesn't mean better and it's just a marketing tactic to confuse the consumer (Similar to the Megahertz Myth). So while those two you linked have big numbers they suck in comparison to the two Ritwik and I suggested. Brand names matter here very much imo especially for quality (Like the importance of 80 PLUS PSU's). And the next important thing regarding PSU's is the amperage on the +12V Rail. That is where your CPU & GPU pull power, so having a bad PSU and not enough power can cause problems of instability, reboots or in some bad cases hardware damage. This is why its important to have a good quality PSU over generic brand ones (Sorry if you knew this already just being thorough).

Anyway I found those links on http://www.newegg.ca/ for you instead of the US site. Hope that helps a bit.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161287 - HIS HD 4670
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139008 - PSU

do you think 400 watts and up are ok to power the graphics card?
and what are some brands you would recommend for the PSU?
Thanks

do you think 400 watts and up are ok to power the graphics card?
Thanks

The Corsair linked above would be more then sufficient for the HD 4670 probably even enough for a HD 4770 if you decide to spend more then your budget.

Thanks

I'm sure peoples opinions vary here so check reviews and customer feedback. But I'd personally say Corsair, Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake and I've been happy with PC Power and Cooling. There are more but I can't think of them atm.

And the picture of your case seems to show that you have enough space.

possible psu's?

-OCZ StealthXStream OCZ400SXS 400W ATX12V
-APEVIA ATX-CW500WP4 500W ATX Power Supply
-RAIDMAX RX-450K 450W ATX12V Power Supply

also the cheaper the better

and will any psu work with my computer or will i need a specific one?
please send me some psc's that will work with my computer and will fit.

( also try to make it a canada site or canadian shipping friendly_
thanks

The items above linked should work fine, but I'm guessing they are a bit to much? The OCZ PSU you listed sounds fine, but I personally wouldn't go with the others.

If your budget is less then you said before you could of course look for other HD 4670's as the one I linked isn't the only one but a nice one imo.

Why don't you get the Corsair CX400 that I linked to above? It would be a better choice than the others.However, if you feel that the Corsair is exceeding your budget, go with the Thermaltake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back