Article "Down or just me? Amazon S3 downtime causing disruptions across the web" link doesn't work

Tanstar

If you click the link for the above article, it takes you to a page with all Amazon stories (including the one in question) listed. If you click on the above mentioned article from that page it takes you back (refreshes the page) for the list of Amazon articles.

On the desktop version of TechSpot, that Amazon story consists of a short post with no individual page, it only shows like this on the homepage:

Amazon News and Articles - TechSpot - Opera 2017-03-01 16.39.11.png

We are using that new format to promote certain stories that otherwise we may not be able to cover, or to promote certain areas of the site (forums, downloads, etc.). Unfortunately the context is lost when you see it on mobile, and we haven't figured that out yet. Any ideas? :eek:

On the desktop version of TechSpot, that Amazon story consists of a short post with no individual page, it only shows like this on the homepage:

View attachment 82144

We are using that new format to promote certain stories that otherwise we may not be able to cover, or to promote certain areas of the site (forums, downloads, etc.). Unfortunately the context is lost when you see it on mobile, and we haven't figured that out yet. Any ideas? :eek:
I am accessing your page from my laptop computer. The link will not let you access the article. Mobile has nothing to do with it.

Sorry, I missed an important part of my explanation... those short stories don't have an individual page with more text or comments. In this case it's redirecting to the Amazon section. In other cases they redirect to a given app download, forum thread or other.

For example this one that we promoted yesterday:

TechSpot : Tech Enthusiasts, Power Users, Gamers 2017-03-02 16-53-17.png

Back