Ashampoo leftovers

circusboy01

Today's give a way of the day was the Ashampoo Burner. I downloaded it only to find that it was a trial version. A give a way is something they give you. A trial version is something you try and if you like it you buy.. Not the same thing!
I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller. I always use the safe setting,because I worry about it removing something it shouldn't like A dll.

Usually the safe setting gets rid of every thing. this time it left some things . A Bing search window in FF and Chrome. A short Ashampoo search window upper left side of both browsers.
Sometimes when uninstall doesn't get rid of something I open my computer and go to Programs and Programs (86) This time it wasn't there.
Does anybody know how to get rid of Ashmpoo's leavings?

Today's give a way of the day was the Ashampoo Burner. I downloaded it only to find that it was a trial version. A give a way is something they give you. A trial version is something you try and if you like it you buy.. Not the same thing!
I uninstalled it using Revo Uninstaller. I always use the safe setting,because I worry about it removing something it shouldn't like A dll.

Usually the safe setting gets rid of every thing. this time it left some things . A Bing search window in FF and Chrome. A short Ashampoo search window upper left side of both browsers.
Sometimes when uninstall doesn't get rid of something I open my computer and go to Programs and Programs (86) This time it wasn't there.
Does anybody know how to get rid of Ashmpoo's leavings?

Is this link http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/windows/Ashampoo-Burning-Studio-Review-142702.shtml of any help ??

Not really. It mostly talks about how great it is,which I don't doubt, and how to use it. I didn't see anything about uninstalling. Unless I missed it.Ray

Hey Learnin. ( you're new nickname. Unless you really hate it.) everything you suggested I've
already done. Including trying to find remnants in program and program(86) files.
I guess I could download it again, and use a stronger setting of Revo to get rid of it.. But, like I said I worry that it's going to remove something it shouldn't
Also even if it does get rid of everything from that download. There's no guarantee it would have gotten rid of the remnant's from the first download. Ray.

Hey Learnin. ( you're new nickname. Unless you really hate it.) everything you suggested I've
already done. Including trying to find remnants in program and program(86) files.
I guess I could download it again, and use a stronger setting of Revo to get rid of it.. But, like I said I worry that it's going to remove something it shouldn't
Also even if it does get rid of everything from that download. There's no guarantee it would have gotten rid of the remnant's from the first download. Ray.

I had the same thoughts about revo at first myself, but I felt if everybody was saying it was so good,why not. I have tried the Advanced mode & I'm obviously still here.
I know revo doesn't remove ALL of the program which is why I suggest doing a search afterwards.

These things in FF & Chrome, are they add-ons/plugins?

I don't know. I just know they weren't here before Ashampoo left its crap.
If they were add on's or plug ins I could probably get rid of them. would you mind showing me how to get to the add on's and plug in's for Chrome and FF Thanks Ray

I had the same thoughts about revo at first myself, but I felt if everybody was saying it was so good,why not. I have tried the Advanced mode & I'm obviously still here.
I know revo doesn't remove ALL of the program which is why I suggest doing a search afterwards.

Your suggestion was a good idea. But, when I got it I had already searched as much as I know how.Not saying I searched everywhere. just the places I know.

Pressing ctrl-shift-a in FF will bring up Add-ons Manager. Then looks through Extensions & Plugins to see whether the items that were installed by Ashampoo are there. Then you can disable and remove them.

Type chrome://extensions in the address bar in Chrome browser. Then you can disable or uninstall them.

Your suggestion was a good idea. But, when I got it I had already searched as much as I know how.Not saying I searched everywhere. just the places I know.

circusboy01, In your first post you said you used "A Bing search window in FF and Chrome. A short Ashampoo search window upper left side of both browsers."
That is not where you do a search for left over fragments of Ashampoo.
You use the search feature on your pc. Good luck.

I almost downloaded that burner program too. It's reported as very good by others.
With Firefox, to see and add or remove toolbars, you right-click on the space to the right side of the 'new tab' + sign. You will see a list of the toolbars you have, and a 'tick' on the ones showing. The Ashampoo one may be there.
If it is, click on it to 'unselect it'.

I know this isn't of any help, but I still wonder why it is that so many people have problems with Ashampoo software. I know some friends that have had these problems too, with their software leaving behind unnecessary components, but I've never had a problem like that.

Also, it seems that you probably just didn't get your free key from them, which again, is something I've never encountered. During all their giveaways, I've always gotten my serial# from them within an hour or so, and whenever I've uninstalled their products, they never leave anything behind.

I guess with Ashampoo, it really is YMMV, which is unfortunate, because they really do have some good programs.

*Protip: Don't just blindly click through installers, make sure you check off any unwanted addons/plugins/homepage changes. People all too often forget to do this.

I don't doubt that Ashampoo is a good program. I just took offence at the fact that it was a trail version, and they represented it as a give a way. Some people might think there's no difference between the two. But, I do.
You can probably go to the Ashampoo site and get that same trial version,and it wont be disguised as a give a way.. Ray

Pressing ctrl-shift-a in FF will bring up Add-ons Manager. Then looks through Extensions & Plugins to see whether the items that were installed by Ashampoo are there. Then you can disable and remove them.

Type chrome://extensions in the address bar in Chrome browser. Then you can disable or uninstall them.

Removed a Bing plug in from FF Bing and Ashapoo are still on both desktops

Chrome was harder.// extensions brought me to a place with a zillion things about plug ins and stuff. So I know I'm on the right track Thanks

To everyone who has been trying to help me Thanks very much. I'm going to try just a few more things,and if they don't work. I'm just going to leave bing and Ashampoo on I have found a lot of good things about them. I would have wanted downloading them to be a choice. Instead of them just showing up. Ray

Well, as confusing as this looks to me, it does say its free https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/fdl

Please don't take offence But. Exactly what is so confusing?
I simply said that I would have liked to have had the choice of downloading or not downloaded Bing and Ashampoo
Rather then having them just show up on my desktop whether I wanted them or not.
Once again.Forgive me if I offend But, I see nothing confusing about the statement.

Please don't take offence But. Exactly what is so confusing?
I simply said that I would have liked to have had the choice of downloading or not downloaded Bing and Ashampoo
Rather then having them just show up on my desktop whether I wanted them or not.
Once again.Forgive me if I offend But, I see nothing confusing about the statement.

When you were downloading AShampoo, did you see ANY place where you had the option to UN check the downloading of those?
As for the confusing part of my post, it was confusing to me,not others,perhaps.

Oh I see where the confusion is. On that downloads page, they label the burning software as FREE, which is strange considering that if it was a trial, it'd be labeled as such. There are other programs that are actually labeled FREE FULL VERSION, and I'd guess those mean exactly that. Maybe they just forgot to put it in the right category or....idk, but I can see why you'd be upset it if was misrepresented.

When you were downloading AShampoo, did you see ANY place where you had the option to UN check the downloading of those?
As for the confusing part of my post, it was confusing to me,not others,perhaps.

L know you were the only oine confused. That's why I thought I aimed the post directly
at you
I don't remember if there were any uncheck options.But, If there were, I feel pretty confident, that I would have unchecked them. I'm usually pretty good about things like that.
I just had to erase a whole bunch of stuff. I was thinking that this was an e-mail. Caught myself right before I clicked submit reply Ray .

L know you were the only oine confused. That's why I thought I aimed the post directly
at you
I don't remember if there were any uncheck options.But, If there were, I feel pretty confident, that I would have unchecked them. I'm usually pretty good about things like that.
I just had to erase a whole bunch of stuff. I was thinking that this was an e-mail. Caught myself right before I clicked submit reply Ray .

FWIW, could you post a screenshot or the link you clicked on so I could perhaps download it to see if any extras come with it?

FWIW, could you post a screenshot or the link you clicked on so I could perhaps download it to see if any extras come with it?

Oh how soon we forget. I do not know how to do a screenshot.I know you tried to show me once. But, I didn't catch on:eek:
As far as the link goes Ashampoo was the give-a-way of the day. I clicked on give-a-way of the day.
I explained, when I first started this post, that when I tried to uninstall Ashampoo. It left stuff on my computer. Namely Bing search windows, and smaller ashampoo search windows on both Chrome, and FF.
Now you're asking me for the link,so you can see if any extras come with it. Do you think the Ashampoo, and Bing Browsers are just figment of my imagination? Or maybe you think I fibbed to you:confused: Ray

Oh how soon we forget. I do not know how to do a screenshot.I know you tried to show me once. But, I didn't catch on:eek:
As far as the link goes Ashampoo was the give-a-way of the day. I clicked on give-a-way of the day.
I explained, when I first started this post, that when I tried to uninstall Ashampoo. It left stuff on my computer. Namely Bing search windows, and smaller ashampoo search windows on both Chrome, and FF.
Now you're asking me for the link,so you can see if any extras come with it. Do you think the Ashampoo, and Bing Browsers are just figment of my imagination? Or maybe you think I fibbed to you:confused: Ray

I simply mis read your post,sorry.

Back