ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP vs Asus P8H77-V

childofthetao

Hi, could someone tell me what the differences are between these two boards please? Also is the Gigabyte equivalent worth considering over either of these two? (What actually is the Gigabyte equivalent?).

Thanks

Between those two boards, it seems the main difference is the asus can handle higher clocked ram speeds that I noticed. Both are good boards, I personally prefer asus as I've used them and have had very limited issues. I have also though had friends who love asrock boards as well, so both boards will suit your needs, but the asus has slightly more features.

Thanks for the help, I'm really no good at motherboards :/

Would you mind telling what features the Asus board has over the asrock one? The asrock board is a tenner cheaper and if I don't need those features I could save some cash. I've tried looking myeslf but those huge list of specs are hard to compare.

The major differences are as follows

The Asrock board can only handle memory speeds up to 1600
Has 2 more Sata ports (Total 4) that support 6gbs speeds
And has more USB ports on the back

The Asus can handle higher clocked ram speeds (Up to 2400)
Has 1 more PCIE X1 slot on it
More on the Board connectors to hook up additional USB's

Honestly, they are both good options, but I would personally prefer the Asus if the price is not an objective between them.

I won't be going higher than 1600mhz with the ram and I can't turn down those extra two sata ports. It's the ASRock board for me.

Edit: No, I changed my mind, I'll go Asus.

I built a computer for a friend recently with the Asrock board you listed.

It's a really decent motherboard.

Back