Assassin's Creed random half-freeze

Hi, I have this strange problem with Assassin's Creed 1.
It's not a problem about the requirements, as the game is running smoothly with the max graphics option, but for some reason, for example when I kill a guard, the game (graphic and sound) freeze for like 1-2 seconds and the returns to run normally.
The same happens when I start the game, with the ubisoft logo freezing when loading for 1-2 seconds, and then loading the rest of it normally.
Any help?

I have this exact same problem, I know I exceed the system requirements, (it recomends max graphics settings for sakes) and it freezes with the ubisoft logo and when I'm in combat (hitting an enemy, will do it nearly every time). I just gave up, I really am not liking the game anyway since I really don't like stealth style games.

Silens, did you install the game patches? I don't know if it will solve your particular problem but it's worth a try.

Hi Silens.

I'd do as mailpup has suggested and make sure all the game patches are installed and that your copy of the game is fully updated. I understand a patch was released to remedy the problem you are describing.

I don't own a copy of the game, but my brother does. He had the same problem you're seeing now.

This is going to sound like a long shot, but in addition to installing all the patches, you can also try preventing the game from regularly -- and needlessly -- accessing the internet. This seems to have eliminated those mini-freezes my brother was seeing in the game a while back. The last time I saw him playing the Assassin's Creed campaign, the freezing was gone.

If you're using Windows' firewall, open it and untick the Assassin's Creed DX10 and Assassin's Creed DX9 exceptions. TweakGuides.com asserts that these do not have to be ticked. If that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting from the internet altogether while you play the campaign. Take a look at this guide for more details on this supposed remedy.

Like I said, I don't own a copy of the game and so I can't personally vouch for the efficacy of the above fix.

Hope you get the problem sorted out, in any case.

Thank you, it's really the connection the problem, when I disconnected the PC the game runs perfectly fine, but now something else is buggin me. I tried unticking the AC DX9 and 10 from the firewall, but it's not working, I tried using [FONT=verdana]Windows firewall with advanced security, creating a new rule which blocks all programs from making a internet connection, and as result, my browser and other stuff stopped working, but AC still freeze. of course I can just unplug the cable, but is there any other way?[/FONT]

Back