Assassin's Creed: Rogue on PC can track your eyes

Scorpus

Staff member

Assassin's Creed: Rogue, the last-gen console title from Ubisoft and effective sequel to Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, will be hitting PC on March 10 (assuming it's not delayed). While the game will mostly be the same as what launched on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, Ubisoft has added in one extra feature for PC gamers: eye tracking.

With a supported peripheral, such as the SteelSeries Sentry or Tobii EyeX, gamers will have an additional way to control the game to complement either keyboard and mouse or gamepad input. When you look to one side of the display, Rogue will track your eye movements, and the camera will begin to pan in this direction to create an "Infinite Screen experience".

On top of this, the in game protagonist - Shay Patrick Cormac - will look in whatever direction you're looking. And when you look away from the display for a moment, Assassin's Creed: Rogue will automatically pause the game, resuming only when your gaze returns.

Ubisoft Kiev producer Corneliu Vasiliu said that eye tracking is "such a natural way to interact with a game and creates tons of potential opportunities for gameplay immersion ". Ubisoft is one of the first companies to integrate eye tracking into a major title such as Rogue, and in doing so, provides gamers "with an entirely new, complementary input to the keyboard and mouse."

If you want to check out Rogue's eye tracking technology, you'll have to spend either $140 on the Tobii EyeX, or $200 on the SteelSeries Sentry. Luckily, the first 5,000 customers who purchase the Sentry will get a free copy of Rogue when it comes out.

And while we're at it, Ubisoft has revealed the minimum system requirements for Assassin's Creed: Rogue. Although recommended specs haven't been released, it doesn't look like the game will be particularly demanding.

Minimum
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTS450
AMD Radeon HD 5670
Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM 2 GB
OS Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit)
Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit)
Storage 11.4 GB

Permalink to story.

Is anybody going to be brave enough to buy the game in light of the Unity fiasco?
I'd like to play this game but I don't relish downloading a ~13GB patch which is sure to follow.

Whoa, look at those minimum requirements... compared to Unity its somewhere at half the cpu power needed and even less for gpu. Unity scenes have very good graphics, so at least here it will be step (or two) back I guess?

Whoa, look at those minimum requirements... compared to Unity its somewhere at half the cpu power needed and even less for gpu. Unity scenes have very good graphics, so at least here it will be step (or two) back I guess?

Unless the improved the graphics. Which I highly doubt that.. since I see the same kind of b**** in AC4 as I saw in Revelations.

Why bother posting crap about anything Ubisoft? It' bad enough we all know there games have gone downhill and not worth much. Stop reporting on them and the crap games they sell lately. Maybe, just maybe then Ubisoft will get their head out of their *** and fix current games before releasing any new ones.

^
Ubi EA & Activision don't deserve any press for the bs they have done (completely ignoring pc gamers, building games for console then releasing for pc which is not optimised, buying out & killing off TONS of great dev camps, having to log into now TWO types of DRM just to play a game on Steam, no offline play or single player for many games, I can go on).
screw them, I'd rather go play my Atari2600 than give them another cent

^
Ubi EA & Activision don't deserve any press for the bs they have done (completely ignoring pc gamers, building games for console then releasing for pc which is not optimised, buying out & killing off TONS of great dev camps, having to log into now TWO types of DRM just to play a game on Steam, no offline play or single player for many games, I can go on).
screw them, I'd rather go play my Atari2600 than give them another cent
Don't forget using paid customers as lab rats considering they don't release their games 100% completed anymore, as I'm sure ACU & Diablo 3 are prime examples.

Back