Asus anti-surge rebooting my pc while gaming

Piiote

Hey,

So my PSU is about 2 years old, its a Corsair vs550. It never gave me any trouble, but since about a week ago, it'll sometimes reboot my pc when gaming (note: this only happens while gaming).

I figured it might be GPU related, but my gpu is about a month old (GIgabyte GTX 970) or my PSU is failing.

Is there any test I could do before I get a new PSU or take my gpu back to the store?

Thanks

Specs:

Mobo: ASUS H87-Plus
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
CPU: i5-4430 3ghz
RAM: 8gb ram (cant remember the model)
PSU: Corsair vs-550

Ok I ran 3DMark 11, and it ran fine, no problems or reboots... can I assume it's not the gpu?
btw, my case is a Cooler Master Cosmos SE. it has all kinds of fans and LED's, maybe I need a more powerful PSU?

Ok, I ran Furmark, 3DMark 11 and Prime95, no problems whatsoever. what could be causing this problem?

Hey Jobeard, thanks for the reply. Isn't that internet related? how would it help my problem?
I just don't wanna change a setting before I understand what it is

What? you said to change the MTU value, how does CHKDSK relate to that?
but I did run chkdsk on my C drive. All good, found no issues

OOPS; crossed by hands on the chkdsk - - sorry.

On the MTU, that makes your Internet faster and avoids packet fragmentation, and thus data gets processed w/o delay and w/o clogging up the router.

Sorry man - - not having a good dy myself.

Don't worry about it, and thanks a lot for the help. But my issue is not internet related, it's about my mobo's anti surge function rebooting my pc while gaming in specific games and specific areas in those game. I ran various benchmarking programs to find out if its an issue with the GPU and they all passed (Furmark, 3DMark 11, and Prime95 for overall stability)

I'm guessing it has got to do with not getting enough power, or PSU failure. I recently upgraded to a GTX 970 from a GTX 760, didnt change my PSU, it's still a 550 watt psu.

Back