Asus g53sw-a1 driver power state failure

Hey guys, I just bought a brand new asus g53sw-a1 and I have had the blue screen pop up on me a couple times now everytime is says driver power state failure...I am wondering what this means? someone please help and it seems like everything before I try to shutdown my computer seems to not respond...and everything will freeze including my mouse pointer...please help asap deploying back to afghanistan in ten days I want to fix it here with the quick internet...(currently on r n r) Thanks so much!

so I looked at some other posts on this and I saw you need to see the minidump files so I have attached them so I can get this resolved as quickly as possible thanks again for all the help....
btw the files were too big to attach so I compressed to zip folder hope that works!

Attachments

• 062811-18595-01.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 070111-13462-01.zip
    162.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 071011-18408-01.zip
    113.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 071111-33961-01.zip
    183 KB · Views: 3
You should not be getting these errors on a brand new PC. The error codes show three with 9F and the driver named is usbhub.sys for all of them, which relates to a driver for the USB connections. And the fourth is D1, the driver named is tcpip.sys which is a driver related to internet connection.

If you have made no changes to your system then you should consider the PC as faulty and return it for a replacement. If you have made some changes like fitting a wireless device or attaching any USB hardware then reverse what you have done which should solve the problem.

what kind of usb hardware do you mean new ports cause i have only used my cyborg rat 7 mouse and software and external harddrives for movies...should i just uninstall the mouse hardware and remove the movies? please help would rather not send back in, its brand new!

Ok, in order to prove if the system is faulty use the factory restore so it goes back to how it was when you bought it (look in the manual for instructions). If it still shows errors then I would definitely return it.

On reflection you should not need to install any software to use a USB mouse, you could just try uninstalling all the software and then reboot with the mouse plugged in, windows should load all the drivers it needs to function. The movies should not cause a problem as long as you can be sure they are clean from infection You may be lucky and find that it is the mouse software causing the problem, did it BSOD before the mouse software was installed?.

no it didnt but i have used the mouse for a week or so and then it started the BSOD...idk ill try to system restore and let ya know thanks for all the help!

no it didnt but i have used the mouse for a week or so and then it started the BSOD

Taking this into account I would say it is highly unlikely to be the mouse drivers.

Does the system have anti virus, anti spyware and a third party firewall installed and switched on. If not you may have been unfortunate enough to get an infection.

Using the factory restore to get it right back to how it was when you bought it may be the best way to go and then don´t install anything else so you can test it for a while. If it continues to BSOD I would still advise you to return it as it is likely to have a hardware fault.

A PC has millions of microscopic transistors and it only needs for one of them to be below 100% and faults will occur. Just like any brand new electronic product, on occasion, one bad one will slip through the net.

Starting another duplicate thread is unlikely to get a better answer than the ones I have given.

I have closed your duplicate thread. Please do not create any more duplicate threads as this just further dilutes the help and assistance others can offer by separating the conversation.

You are not going to get some magic quick fix solution for this. Follow what I suggested and get it back to square one using the factory restore and don't install anything else, that is the only way to test the system to see if it is faulty or the errors are due to what you installed.

If it continues to have BSOD's then you can rest assured that there is physical fault on the PC and you should get it changed for a replacement.

If it doesn't have any more BSOD's after using the restore then we might be able to help as this will suggest that the external drive you used or the mouse driver installation had something to do with the problem..

Fell free to post threads on other forums but anyone with much computer knowledge will tell you the same thing.

Why are you so reluctant to take it back as that is the most obvious solution considering how new the PC is.

You should post back here and tell me what happened after you used the factory restore, did it continue to have BSOD's or not?
You said in your last post you were going to try System Restore but that is not what I was suggesting, your need to use the recovery discs (which you should have made when you first used it) or the recovery partition to reinstall everything. You should find instructions in the user manual to use the factory restore.

i had a couple microsoft updates that didnt update correctly i used the program from microsoft to update and fix the not fully installed updates and i havent had a BSOD since...if it keeps on happening i will let you know and im sorry about the other post and thanks so much for the help

Your welcome and you wish you luck but I have never heard of a failed windows update causing a BSOD, that's not to say that it's never happened.

If you want me to analyse the minidumps then I'll be happy to check them, this might give some idea of what caused the problem.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in windows explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).

Below the reply box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a popup-window opens.

Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.

Now click on the Upload button in the popup. When done, click on the Close this window button.

Enter your message-text, then click on Submit Message.

Back