Asus P4P800 Deluxe Replacement Skt 478

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, this is my first time here at Tech Spot and I was hoping to gather some information regarding my Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard that I'm told has now deceased. At present I'd like to keep costs down so I was considering either purchasing a secondhand replacement (P4P800 Deluxe or P4P800SE) However I have also discovered a new cheap motherboard on the market, the ASRock P4i65G with socket 478 that would save me a lot of money on new RAM & a new CPU. Is anyone out there familiar with that mainboard??? The Asus board was fantastic for recording using Cubase SX so I can't imagine the ASRock board will be anywhere near it. But who am I to know. Any advice regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

These days it can be hard to even find a socket 478 motherboard. I've used from the least to the most expensive boards, and I would just get a working 478 and consider myself lucky. I wouldn't get a used one unless you know the previous owner. Asus is a good maker. I have used ASRock. They are fine. Their quality is below ASUS somewhat but I doubt that you will notice. I'm sure you're not doing things like overclocking or other mainboard based tweaks. If you get a new ASRock and don't overheat it and use it normally and maintain it, there is no reason that it should not work for years. Saving the monet on the cpu and the ram is a good idea.

Thanks pdyckman for your advice, unless I get a secondhand Asus P4P800replacement board dirt cheap I'll probably go with your advice. We are using the Cubase SX sequencer along with Wavelab and various other VST plugins that we can freeze if the CPU gets too high. Hopefully we wont have any buffer and latency problems.

I had your problem and replaced my Asus mobo with a Biostar P4M80-M4 acquired locally for around $70. I wanted a little more life out of my P4 3.0gb processor and was able to use all the existing components-ram etc... by going with the Biostar mobo. Very easy repair and the Biostar is working great so far. Newegg has the P4M80 for less $ than I paid locally. Hope this helps.

Thanks bigonegot I decided to purchase the ASRock P4i65G for around AUS$80 and it's actually surprisingly quite good, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.

motherboard

Sounds like you are set to go then. I would have gotten that ASRock board you did but there wasn't one available in my town at the time. Think you will be pleased in the long run with it. ASRock builds good stuff! I usually purchase my stuff at Newegg or ChiefValue but couldn't wait for delivery this time. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back