Asus P5W DH Deluxe wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00uk

Hi,

I have a problem, something has gone wrong with my wireless on my Quad Core PC.
It has a Asus P5W DH DELUXE Mobo with the wireless card built on it.

Basically my wireless sometimes can not connect to the router which is only about 3-4 meters away sometimes it connects but there is no internet access. I disable the adaptor and enable it again and it works on some occasion while other times it doesn't.

During all this time I try the wireless network on the laptop and it works, even downstairs.

Can someone please help as I have not been able to use the internet on it for the last 4 hours. I have tried quite a few things.
I have disconnected the ASUS Ariel and reconnected after a while,
I have uninstalled the wireless card in device manager, and also uninstalled the driver and utiliy using revo uninstaller,
I have reinstalled the drivers and tried newer updates drivers
I have reset the wireless router many times,

Thanks in advance.

Who makes the Wireless Router?
How long do you have it?
When last did you update the firmware for it?
What OS do you have on the laptop.

Hi, thanks for the response,

Wireless Card?
Realtek RTL8187

Who makes the Wireless Router?
Netgear WGT624

How long do you have it?
Router ~ 4 years, PC ~ 1.5 years

When the problem started happening 2-3 days ago sorry read the question wrong right answer below
Actually router firmware about 1 year ago.

What OS do you have on the laptop.
PC Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Laptop Windows 7 Pro 32bit

So prior to updating the firmware the router was okay? 4 years router pretty old and might not able to except the newer code so well in your case. Can you downgrade the firmware (this means to go back to the old firmware). If not you might have to just pickup a new router and call it day.

Hi, Sorry :( I got it wrong,

When the problem started happening 2-3 days ago

This is wrong I thought you were talking about the drivers for the onboard WiFi card on the PC. I last updated the firmware on the router about 1 year ago.

2 Windows 7 laptops I use run perfectly fine with the router, and actually I remember the router is 3 years old, bought it in 2007.

Its just my Quad core pc with the Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard with the onboard WiFi Card it that is causing a problem.

Could be the onboard WIFI is acting up. Disable it and get internal one or go USB.

sometimes it connects but there is no internet access.
Yea, sounds like the adapter might need be replaced tho your statement makes me think of one more thing to try:

Login to the Netgear admin console. Click Backup Settings and save your current netgear config. Then reset the router back to default. and see if you can connect succesfully AND get internet when encryption is turned off

/* eidt*
and all other restrictions (like MAC filtering) is off. You can restore your old config settings from the saved file when done testing

/* edit 2*/
oh yea, and of course turn off encryption on the computer's wireless adapter as well of course :)

Hi, Thanks for the replies,
@ LookingAround tried that even as a open network still the same problem,

edit:
when you diagnose the problem it says "default gateway not available" and fixes it.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back