AT&T/Yahoo Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Hello,

I'm trying to find a driver for the AT&T/Yahoo DSL disk. There isn't a version number, so I can't give you specifics, unfortunately. Anyways, I'm trying to help some family members of mine load their Ethernet card that they got with the disk from AT&T. Without the driver for the Ethernet card, they cannot connect to the Internet, as the modem won't recognize that there is a computer on the network and vice versa. The operating system is Windows XP. If you need anymore information, or anything at all to help me out then please don't hesitate. Ha. Ha.

Thank you anyone for any support on this matter,

Tyler

P.S. In case you're wondering why I don't just take it from the disk itself. Well, currently, I can't seem to get the XP driver to work from disk.

OK. First to clarify

1) You are trying to install an ATT/Yahoo DSL modem, correct?
2) Am i to understand that you DO have the installation CD (i assume that's what you refer as the disk?
3) You may have 2 seperate issues
> Installing a driver so Windows can talk to modem device
> Configure the modem so it will allow you to talk to ATT/Yahoo DSL

Let's start here.....
> Look in Device Manager. Do you see any entry for the modem? (it'll probably appear under network adapters)
> You sure there's no tag on the modem? Check the back plate with all the cable connectors. Usually theres a tag
> See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back