ATI 5850 BSOD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I hope someone can help me, I have been struggling with this problem for 5 months now...

PC Specs:

Intel Core i7 920 OC'ed to 3.4 GHz (Cooler Master V8 cooler)
6 GB RAM DDR 3 Tripple Channel
Asus P6T Motherboard
850 PSU
Packard Bell Maestro 222Ws LCD (using DVI, also tried HDMI)
1 TB Hard Drive
2 x (HIS) ATI HD5850s Crossfired
ATI Catalyst 10.5
Windows 7 Professional 64Bit
AntiVirus - Total BitDefendor 2010
No Overheating problems, PC well ventilated and AC in room.

Problem:

Everytime I start up a game, whether it be Just Cause 2, Sonic & Sega All-Stars, Supreme Commander 2 or any other game, I get a BSOD. But instead of showing the blue screen or restarting, my screen says "No Signal" and shuts off, while my PC is still on. The only thing I can do is restart my PC manually. This happens sometimes immediately when I start up a game, or after about 10 minutes of playing. And when I can play: smooth framerates at full graphics.

I have tried formatting and reinstalling Windows, and reinstalling ATI Catalyst (from 9.10 to 10.5) but no luck. Even took out and reinserted the graphics cards. Also tried Regcure. No luck either.

So everytime I get BSOD, I restart and get error message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000094
BCP2: FFFFF88004B7D279
BCP3: FFFFF88005D80490
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\060110-18517-01.dmp
C:\Users\Marno\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38048-0.sysdata.xml

Please help me someone, don't know what to do. I beg you.

0x3B are usually caused by graphics drivers.

Don't use ReCure or any other registry software. A number of good Tech sites including TechSpot have found these cause a lot of harm.

Have you oce'd your RAM as well as your cpu?

Only my CPU is OC'ed. But I didn't do it. When I bought the PC, they OC'ed it for me and took it through multiple tests to ensure it is working properly.

I must also note, the PC was fine, until I added my second ATI 5850 card for crossfire.

Hmmm, this is weird.

I decided to take out both cards, and switch their places, and just to make sure, I added the second ATI Crossfire bridge. Now everything is working perfectly. Have been playing for hours non-stop, and no error or BSOD.

Guess the problem is fixed...?

Hey, we're talking computers here. Its sort of like the Twilight Zone where anything is possible. :darth:

Keep doing what you are doing and let us know if stability is maintained.

After a while, the BSOD still continued. I did some research and found a solution!

It may may look like a graphics card / driver problem, but it is in fact an SPTD issue! SPTD is software that is required for programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, to work.

The advice I have been given stated that I should uninstall my Daemon Tools and the SPTD software, but I rather updated my SPTD version from 1.58 to 1.74 because 1.58 was having compatibility issues with Windows 7.

After I updated, my PC has been working PERFECTLY.

Problem solved! :) I'm sure this is the cause for a LOT of people having similar issues.

Hey, thanks ton for getting back to us with your solution. We have seen many people have issues with Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%; especially the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back