ATI Catalyst 4.9 beta download, Doom 3 optimized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
ATI has released an unsupported beta version of their upcoming Catalyst 4.9 drivers suite which will bring the first Doom III optimizations to the table. I'm hearing of some 5-8% performance boost in 9800 Pro level of cards and up to 15-20% in X800s.

In ATI own words, these drivers come unsupported and are not recommended for mission critical operations or where productivity of any kind is a concern.

if you don't play doom 3 just wait until the official release. They aren't all that stable yet. I tried them already, they work fine for doom 3 and other games. What I did notice is that they don't have support for the TV functions of the All-in-wonder cards, I have one of those cards and it's not properly recognized, it only sees a "regular" 9800 pro, which is fine for now. I don't use the TV functions that much. I can't wait until the official release of the 4.9's.

The 4.9's work fine on my 9700 Pro. Can't say about anything other than Doom 3, though, that's all I've played since it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back