Attempted Service Pack 3 causing missing Boot Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBNSB

hi im having a bit of a booting error. evertime i boot up i get Missing Ntldr and windows wont load.

i was trying to install SP3 with the direct download from Microsoft. I backed up all my settings n everything so when i get windows finally started i can clean things up.

I have full access to my drive Via my other box the problem is where or what do i need to do to it to have all the boot files recognized to start windows... ?

any help would be nice

LookinAround said:
Wow.

Now that's what i call good customer self-service :grinthumb
Good work.

Thanks,
yea....and i got SP3 installed too... and theres no difference

i got SP3 installed too... and theres no difference
I realize this is after the fact. But if you got SP1, SP2 and the updates since, you don't need SP3.

Bobbye said:
I realize this is after the fact. But if you got SP1, SP2 and the updates since, you don't need SP3.

I don;t believe that's true:
  • The general statement about content i've noticed several places says "Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) is the final Windows XP service pack, a collection of previously-released fixes and product enhancements, as well as a few new features that are unique to this release."
  • Microsoft releases a number of hotfixes that are not provided in general updates. A customer has to request it from MS. It wasn't clear whether all or some of these hotfixes u need by request remain outside the SP3 list of if some do get migrated into it.

I do not intend to argue this point. It can be documented on numerous sites on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back