Audio Lag. Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I'm having some difficulties with playing music and games on my PC.
The sound gets laggy everytime i'm playing music on WMA11, iTunes or any game.
This is strange since this has been the first time this happens, at least since i installed babylon some days ago which i believed could be the source of the problem. I already uninstalled it and the lag is still there.
I Have updated my sound drivers and video drivers too.
Can anyone give me an advice please? Thanks a lot!.

Excellent advice by Tmagic

After this and no joy. This issue can be caused by a CPU hog eating up the cycles.

So look in TaskMgr for any task consuming cycles but especially related to Multimedia (Audio/Video).

Also a Huge amount of Temps can effect this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk- System Restore and create a new Restore point. Name it "Before Temp cleanup at TechSpot".

Then Start-Programs-Accessories-System Tools-Disk Cleanup
Click OK to accept C:
Select all Boxes
Then click More Options
Here click System Restore and OK to "Are you sure" and the OK to Run.

As this runs it clears all but the most recent Restore Point but it does one other thing that can contain infested files and a huge amount of disk space.

It clears what is known as Shadow copies which are used by specialized back up programs.

This is if you have the Volume Shadow Copy running which is the default.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also get ATF-Cleaner: http://www.atribune.org/public-beta/ATF-Cleaner.exe
Run ATF-Cleaner repeatedly until clean all but passwords on all browsers

CCleaner: http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds
Get the bottom one "SLIM"!
Run Cleaner Temp and Registry repeatedly until clean.

KCleaner: ftp://ftp2.kcsoftwares.com/kcsoftwa/files/kcleaner.exe
Best for last this is the best notice how much more it finds after the above are run.

Mike

Thanks Tmagic and mflynn, I Uninstalled the Nvidia Physx Driver and turned on the pc this morning and the problem is gone. i also followed your advice mflynn but i used CCleaner instead.
Thanks a lot guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back