Audio & Video choppy during playback

I am running a Windows 7 x64 machine with an Asus motherboard, AMD FX-8350 Eight-core processor, Radeon HD6450 graphics card, 11 GB ram with two monitors. The problem is audio & video are constantly starting & stopping (very choppy). I have updated my os, flash, java and shockwave. All my browsers are up to date. It doesn't matter if I try to play something in a browser or something I have on my computer using windows media player or vlc... everything is choppy. It is constant & is driving me to drink... Any help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Once check your laptop or desktop chipset drivers are working fine or not, its effects the other related devices functioning. update or install the latest chipset drivers and video and audio drivers which are compatible with your system.

Thanks, I tried your suggestions (I hadn't thought about checking the chipset driver), but it is still really choppy... if it will play at all. Most times, it doesn't.

The amount of RAM you have looks funny to me - what is your DIMM breakdown? How many of each memory size do you have installed?

Back