Avast quaranteed a virus to the virus chest

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhelp1

On Dec 3, Avast sent the following file to the chest - rtl70.bpl is this a virus. See attached log file.

C:\PROGRAM FILES\IOBIT\ADVANCED SYSTEMCARE 3\RTL70.BPL [L] Win32:Delf-MZG [Trj] (0)
File was successfully moved to chest...
That file was a false positive as confirmed by Avast forums here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=51689.0
The Avast updated database (signatures) has now resolved the issue
The file can be recovered from the Avast "chest"

Please keep your Antivirus updated at all times

My license to the Avast software has expired. How do I recover from the chest when I no longer have access to the Avast software?

I wouldn't worry about it then, as Advanced SystemCare is free anyway, you can just uninstall it (and >> re-download it and install it again if you like

Also uninstall Avast! whilst you are at it
Then download and install >> Free Avira Antivirus (of which I use)
Update it and run a full scan (I always feel Avira is better than Avast! ;))

I uninstalled Advanced System Care and Avast. Then I installed Free Avira, after installing Avira it found svchost as a virus and I quaranteed it then did a reboot of the machine. After rebooting, I lost my start menu and desktop icons. How do I regain my start menu and desktop icons?

I ran CCleaner and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Malware detected two trojan, I sent them to the quarantine and after a reboot my start menu and desktop reappeared. Can I delete the two quarantine files?

Can you look over the logs and let me know if there's anything else still lurking around on the pc. Appreciate all the support.

I had a very quick look (I must go soon)
But I noticed that your have Symantec Live Update running
If you are not using Symantec or Norton, then please run the >> Norton Removal Tool, then Restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back