Average Benchmark Scores??

schizoid77

Hey...I have a question regarding my 3dmark01se scores!

I have a Hewlett Packard Pentium 4 with XP, 2.26ghz, 768MB PC2100 RAM, an 80 gig hard drive and a PNY Verto Geforce 4 Ti4200 64MB, and a Audigy 2 for sound.
I use the system for gaming and internet only, so there's nothing really eating the system up besides the installed games.
I recently ran 3dmark01se and got a score of 9,434.
People have told me I should be getting a much much higher score than that considering the system I have. Is this true? Or is this average for what I use? What are some easy ways to boost the performance without screwing around too much with stuff I might destroy accidentally :)

Oh yeah, I run games like Unreal II, Battlefield 1942, and NOLF II....everything maxed out and I rarely have problems at 1024 x 768.

Any help is greatly appreciated yo....
Thanks...
PEACE!!

9,434 Sounds fairly reasonable for a GF4Ti4200.

On average 4200s seem to get between 8000 and 11000, but this depends on the driver set used, overclocking of the gfx card, and the processor speed.

There is not really a great deal that can be do to get any major increases, but small increases can be made by making sure the AGP 4X or 8X Mode is set correctly, enabling AGP Fast Writes and Side Band Addressing and Testing Different Values of AGP Appeture Size.

Im running a 1.73Ghz AthlonXP (=2.1Ghz P4), 512MBs of DDR2700, 30GB HD, using onboard sound, with a GF4 Ti4200. With those specs, I get 13,000 marks running 800x600(x32 bit color). Without a doubt you should be getting higher scores.

Your final # of marks could have to do with the settings you benchmarked at. What were they? I believe by defult 3DMark2001SE has 1024x768x32 set. Did you change it?

I just retried it using 800x600 32 bit color and got a score of 11600. I also verified I was running at 4x AGP.
Well I'm not too caught up with it, I run Unreal II maxed out at 1024x768x32 and it rarely is affected.
Guess I'll just to upgrade to that Ati 9800 or wait for the NV35 to come out if I want truly impressive benchmarks.....maybe another 256mb ram'll help too
:)

Oh yeah, and I'm using that latest set of drivers the 43. whatever it is, I forget, the ones that came out yesterday...

Peace, love, and hairgrease.

11600? Very good for your card, I have a 4600 and I scored 11530. This was using the 41.09 dets from NVIDIA. Perhaps these new drivers give a better performance increase than I thought. I have recently installed them and am going to run 3DMARK 2001 SE and see if I get any increase in score. BTW, I realize 11530 is low for my specs, but bare in mind I always have a lot of apps running in the background + 41.09s aren't the greatest drivers.

~12500 right here on a Ti4200! :grinthumb But still schizoid77, I would expect much righer scores on your rig :blackeye:

still buttheads

they are changing the default resolution to get an elevated score............how bogus...........your previous score was correct in determining performance based on the same playing field

Well JSR I play all my games at 800x600 other than Unreal Tournament. So doesnt it make sence to benchmark at that? I get ~11,000 at 1024x768 :blush:

No, because the default resoulution is 1024x768, hence that is the standard by which everybody compares their marks, your score is meaningless if you use a differant resolution.

Oh, gotcha. Well I just benchmarked strait off the defult settings and got:

9334 3D Marks :blackeye:

But I still like the 800x600 settings...:rolleyes: The marks look alot better :D

I don't feel so bad anymore, I thought I was getting overperformed by slightly inferior cards (no offence intended). What do you 4200s get on 3DMark 03?

I pulled off just over 10500 on 3dmark01 with all stock speeds and 41.07 detonators http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5801382 I tried 3dmark03 and I think I got around 1200 :blackeye: with the same settings like 3 weeks ago. I haven't been able to get it uploaded to futuremark for some reason:confused: Schizoid77, you should be getting around 11000 marks with your system with default settings. Just make sure you have all the latest drivers from PNY since they will give you the best stability compared to other drivers directly from Nvidia.

yea you should definitely be getting higher scores.

i have a 1.45 ghz athlon xp with 512 2100 ddr and a gf 4200. i push 10k with all the defaulth settings. so you should definitely be getting higher.

you might have AA or somethign on too that might be slwoing it down

You aren't able to upload those scores to Futuremark as your drivers are not WHQL Certified. Does Futuremark still accept them for 3DMark 2001 SE?

Originally posted by timmoore
You aren't able to upload those scores to Futuremark as your drivers are not WHQL Certified. Does Futuremark still accept them for 3DMark 2001 SE?

Yes

---

Supra, compare our systems:
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6241649

They seem to be almost Identicle other than mobos and cpus. I have a faster cpu (slightly). my HD is running at ATA133 (7200rpm) and I have a KT400 chipset. DDR RAM. How are you getting higher scores then me? My GF4 is 4x agp. :confused:

That sounds low. I get 10,300 on my GF3 and a P4-1.6@2000 I built for a friend gets 10,700 with a GF4 TI4200 at test defaults.

You could get Coolbits to Oc the vid card, lower your memory latencies on your motherboard and OC the P4. Oh and make sure AA, AF and Vsync are off in the vid card settings.

agissi, it must be your drivers. Your running 29.42's and i'm running 41.07's. Go to your GeForce4 manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers released by them. What is your card clocked at? 250mhz core/513mhz DDR right? Do you have fast writes and side-band addressing enable? They can increase your score slightly but may make your system unstable. Texture sharpening was disabled and D3D was set to best performance. I also think that score was made when I only had 1 of my 80Gig hd's, not 2 in RAID like I do now, I don't know if it would make a difference though. I got that score on Jan. 31. I quit doing benchmarks, i'm just happy with a stable, speedy system now.

timmoore, my 41.07 scores are still published so they must still accept them for 2001 since the problem really isn't with '01 but '03.

Back