Award BIOS - 1 long, 2 short beeps - video error

pedxing

Hi

I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

Just try the new video card when it comes in. The beeping may mean that the motherboard is okay

Don't worry about the unresolved post... Hopefully you know how to properly handle static sensitive components ;)

If you get no video how did you see the BSOD ? Soo you can't see post ?

Its the video card, the new one should do it. Im assuming the monitor works...

Also why do you have a SLI motherboard when you have 1 very low end 7200 video card. What video card did you buy to try out ? That will be a mammoth upgrade if its 8800 GT or 9800 GT or 460 1GB ......... That mobo goes to waiste!

Hi

I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

Still no go with the new card. Same beep code. Guess I'm going to have take it all apart and rebuild it. It was definitely NOT the card (as a sorta expected).

Back