Back loading to XP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AXXEL

I have an HP laptop that originally came with Vista and i want XP. Ive tried booting up the xp cd but when i try to install, it tells me that there is no hard drive in the computer. I've tried formating the HDD and the recovery partition but it says the same thing. why is it that the xp boot cd doesn't detect the HDD and is there any way to install XP on a Preloaded Vista laptop?

Please help and THANK YOU:unch:

is there a good program that will completely wipe out the HDD so that i can install XP?

thanks

You should considering asking a friend/colleague/neighbour/whoever has Vista on dvd to borrow it to you. There you can do a full format of your hdd, and that should solve the issue. Uninstalling Vista without the Vista dvd is quite impossible, as it's a very persistent OS and doesn't give a damn about xp :)

I have a vista dvd and i have formated the harddrive and the partition but still when i try to boot the xp cd i still can detect the HDD. I might need to completely wipe out the harddrive so that XP picks it up....right?

I have a vista dvd and i have formated the harddrive and the partition but still when i try to boot the xp cd it still cant detect the HDD. I might need to completely wipe out the harddrive so that XP picks it up....right?

Possibly. I don't understnd what you computer you have and what you are trying to do?
If you are trying to replace one with the other, yes, your system requires a full format.
If you are trying to get to a dual boot, then tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back