Background Noise on Microphone in certain software

I'm not sure if this is the right place to be posting this kind of question but here goes anyway.

For some time now I've been getting a high-pitched static noise on my microphone however only when certain software (in this case games) are open. Currently I have been told by my friends whom I speak to over Discord that the noise happens when I have 'Blockland', 'Unturned' or 'LEGO Batman: The Video Game' open. I've even gone into the settings and turned on Playback so I can hear this, and it is indeed there. There might be other software that make it does this, but these are the only ones I have found.

One of the weird things that happens also is that the pitch of the noise is also dependent on the angle that I am looking in the case of Blockland. While looking at the floor, it is a slightly lower pitch than 'normal', but while looking into the sky it is a slightly higher pitch than 'normal'.

I'm not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem before, but it is quite annoying for the noise to be pointed out to by anyone who happens to be in a voice chat with me. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

I'll take a stab at it...

Mic and speakers with wiring and connections and sound chip make up your sound system. The change in pitch with movement makes me wonder if some of the problem may relate to the physical wiring - so rearranging things while keeping careful notes might be useful in the 'pitch' department. If you are using wireless components, this is further complicated by the drivers and capabilities of the 'radio' & 'receiver'.

This transitions to the software side of the issue...the software bunch with the issue could be a pure driver issue...or fundamental problems with the programs method of handling sound.

These issues may be diagnosed by running dxdiag (https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/dxdiag.htm) - run it and look for any drivers which are not WHQL and replace them with ones that are.

If you still have the issue and it is limited to specific software..then take your problem to 'support' for those specific programs after check the program forum for other 'sufferers'.

After reading your reply, I think I should clarify something. The angle that I am looking at *inside the game* is what affects the sound's pitch. I have found a temporary fix for this problem which is turning on VSync where I can which for some reason causes the noise to stop, however I cannot for the life of me figure out why.

In game 'virtual angle' - then issue is drivers or software - since "temporary fix" is toggling Vsync, it could be your video driver.

Back