Bad image error removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunicBear

I recently removed a virus from my computer and i've run scans on malwarebytes, ad-aware, McAfee, and spybot s&d, all of which successfully cleaned up the problems they found but there remains an annoying bad image error everytime I start up windows or open a program which always states "(program).exe - Bad Image The application or DLL globalroot\systemroot\system32\SKYNETgixokuhh.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." i've also tried to install super anti spyware but it comes up with a error 1321 and won't let me make a full installation and the program doesn't start when i try to use it, any help with that would also be appreciated.

I have hijackthis and i've attached the latest scan log because its too long to post.

sorry for all the bumps as a new member i had to have 5 posts to post a link but here's how i got rid of the error message:

after a little searching I found and used a program called gmer (here's the link to site download it http://www.gmer.net/ ), I ran it, and it automatically does a short scan and it detected system modification, then just clicked yes and let it scan the whole system it came up with a red highlighted service file along the lines of
C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SKYNETmxkfaijo.sys (*** hidden *** )
I deleted that and now i don't get any error messages but I'm fairly sure my computer is still a little messed up since i couldn't manage to delete the other reg type files in the controlset001 registry folder under the name SKYNET, but no more error messages so I hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back