Bad Image error

Shayan Taheri

When I try to open my bitdefender antivirus installer. I get bad image error
I'm 100% sure it's not a virus cause prior to this, I discussed it in Virus and Malware part, even I reformatted and reinstalled my windows, but I still have this problem,
Any helps appreciated

1 thing I should add is my installer is not an original installer and its modified for my language(cause my license key is for antivirus with my language not the original one)

If you reinstalled Windows, and you get bad image error as soon as you use your non-standard installer, then the conclusion must be - either the installer or the anti-virus is causing the problem. Effectively it is not compatible with the Windows version you are using (which is what ?).

You also do not say if this is the only error, or if the entire system becomes prone to the same error message, but I suspect you do have an infection, and that it is coming from that installer. Or the antivirus is actually bug-ridden.

Your progress should be. Reinstall again. Do not add the installer, do not add anti-virus. Use normal Windows installer and download a standard free anti-virus e.g. Avast, MS essentials etc. See how that goes.

Thank you for your response,
My last OS was windows 7 home edition(64 bit) and now I have windows 8 enterprise(64 bit)
This is the only error, I scanned the whole installation files and folders with another updated antivirus and did not find anything, maybe the installer is bugged(actually the name of the file I've been told to run is not installer it's downloader), also note that, after the error appears and I click ok, it seems the progress continues and the downloader box will appear and starts updating the necessary installation files(this procedure is same in all bit defender installations) and will continue doing the installation and will complete successfully, but I'm concerned maybe something is not installed correctly due to that bad image error,
Maybe I should redownload the installation files again and check it, if it didn't work, I may try a free anti-virus,

Ah ! a bug-ridden downloader then.....it is either a scam which contains malware (very, common), or it is badly written and/or incompatible with Win 8. Either way, I would not trust it.

Perfectly good anti-virus packages are available free, although a lot of them require extreme care to avoid downloading other things you do not want, like browser add-ons. Nothing is truly free, right?

In that respect MS security essentials is clean, but may not be quite the most effective. If you actually paid for bit-defender, you won't be too pleased, and you should immediately report to them the situation as you see it, and demand a refund. You might get told you bought it for Win 7 and there is a different version for Win 8 ......

Back