Bad MB or CPU?

I just purchased the following:

Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H AMD785G Socket AM2+ MB
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition 3Ghz OEM
OEM White Box 500-Watt Power Supply
Corsair 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz (2x1024MB) DHX (To add to my other 2048MB)
WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD 7200/16MB/SATA-3G
I also have a SATA DVDRW

When I installed everything, all the fans power up, DVD light comes, but show no HD activity, and I get no display. I purchased the MB/CPU as a combo, and thought it should be compatible. As far as Gigabytes website shows it is not listed. Can this be a result of incompatibility or is there more of an issue?? Thanks

Are you using dedicated graphics, or on-board graphics?

If your using dedicated graphics (e.g. you have a seperate graphics card installed), then connect up the motherboards on-board graphics and try again.

I'd also remove the other RAM, and use the Corsair to begin with.

Your motherboard has support for this CPU, but only on Rev3.3 versions. What rev. version is stamped on your motherboard?

Are you sure you have both the 20(4) pin connector, and the ATX 12v 4 pin connector connected? Also, that all disks are connected with SATA cables, and power connectors?

All revisions (1.0, 1.1, 3.3) should have compatibility with the CPU
The Corsair Dominator is not listed in the QVL (.pdf) for compatibility -only the XMS2 kit, although the board should still POST with the JEDEC embedded profile.
I'm presuming you cannot get the board to POST (i.e. no BIOS load), which could be due to any number of factors. If the board won't POST then I'd suggest you clear CMOS if Leeky's suggestion is not pertitent to your situation (i.e. you are using onboard graphics). I would also suggest you assemble the bare minimum for a successful POST outside of the chassis (just in case you have an electrical short) . Place the motherboard on the cardboard box (or similar), CPU, CPU cooler, one stick of RAM, 24 pin and EPS 12v 8 pin power connections. Front panel power chassis connector if the board has no onboard power button. If you do all this while the power supply is connected to the wall socket -But NOT turned on-you can ground yourself periodically while disassembling and reassembling the system components

Once assembled outside the chassis, unplug the power supply from the wall/surge protector
Hit the power button to discharge the capacitors.
Move the CCMOS jumper to the clear position
Remove the battery from the motherboard.
Do something else for an hour.
Replace the battery.
Place the jumper back in the normal position.
Restore power and boot up immediately into BIOS.
Select "Load Optimized Defaults" and set the recommended voltage for your RAM
Save & exit.

That's odd, I must have misread the support list when I looked. Sorry about that!

Sometimes it depends on which Gigabyte site you access. Some of the regional based ones can differ from the main sites- probably why Gigabyte overhauled their website recently and are now using a different domain (a fairly recent change).

Thanks for all the help. First, just to clarify, all four mem. sticks are xms2. Ok, so I set up bare to ckeck for POST and was able to post with one of my new sticks, so I then added dvd, post ok, added 2nd new stick, no post switched to other dimm slots, no post, removed and rechecked with 1st stick, post ok, added 1 older stick, post ok, added 2nd old stick, total 3 sticks now..post ok. Oh a side note, when I moved the first 2 to the back dimm slots, I did get an initial post, but froze and had several dots on the screen. My determination is a bad stick, is this a right assumption?? Again thanks for the help. Currently installing os, all ok for now.

Back