Bad Pool Caller 0x000000C2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawel

Hi all,

for the last 2 weeks I have been getting the blue screen with the Bad Pool Caller message.
The full number was

0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x02060001, 0x8AA2D560).

I have also attached the minidump file.

The only new software that I installed at that time was AutoGK, which I subsequently uninstalled, but the problem persisted. Naturally, I ran the registry sweep after the uninstall. Other than that, no hardware or software changes.

Any idea what that could be?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Your error 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER are typically caused by a faulty driver or buggy software.

Your minidump specifically cites Webroot's Spy Swepper driver ssidrv.sys. Either uninstall and reinstalll or update the drivers.

If this persists after trying both contact Webroot's tech support.

Your error 0xC2: BAD_POOL_CALLER are typically caused by a faulty driver or buggy software.

Your minidump specifically cites Webroot's Spy Swepper driver ssidrv.sys. Either uninstall and reinstalll or update the drivers.

Now, this is interesting - it's been telling me that I should update, which I have got round to doing yet. Will try that and report back - thank you VERY MUCH.

Does not look like it's SpySweeper - I uninstalled it and checked the registry for Ssidrv.sys but the system crashed twice since with Bad Pool Caller. The new dump is attached.

The only thing tat I noticed that crashes occur when I am not at the computer but this might be a coincidence.

Same error, different driver cited which is vsdatant.sys and this belongs to Zone Alarm. A lot of people have issues with this driver.

Question: Does your Webroot product contain a firewall with it?

Same error, different driver cited which is vsdatant.sys and this belongs to Zone Alarm. A lot of people have issues with this driver.

Question: Does your Webroot product contain a firewall with it?

Not as far as I know and now there is no Webroot product installed at all. Is it possible that Zone Alarm started giving probs all of the sudden?

I have updated Zone Alarm to the latest version - if it persists I guess I will have to uninstall ZA or roll back to some earlier version.Also, I really appreciate your help - thank you very much.

A good number of people have issues with ZA while others love it. Let us know if the update works. If it does then reinstall Webroot and see if you still have stability.

* Let us know of your results and you are welcome. :)

* By the way, there are some other good firewalls out there if ZA doesn't work out.

* By the way, there are some other good firewalls out there if ZA doesn't work out.

I know, the force of habit but of course the safety is first - is there any that you'd recommend? In case the update does not help ..

Yes, two of the very best are actually free, believe it or not. Comodo is one though you will have to tweak and configure it.

The other is Online Armor and it has HIPS. I run the free version on one laptop and our second family PC. But when it comes to my main rig I only use $ versions for security and so I run the OA money version. I am not sure if OA has released a version to run with Vista. It could be they are waiting for Windows 7 to be released.

Both Comodo and OA have very active, friendly as well as helpful online communities.

Well, ZA did it again and crashed the system (I read around and opened the minidump file in a Windows Debugger - the same ZA driver was suggested as offending). So, I went ahead and uninstalled ZA and installed Comodo as per your recommendation. Will look into the paid OA though - a lot of good things about it on the net.

Will keep your informed of any more crashes. Or, hopefully - not. :)

I hope it works out for you. If you continue to have stability with these changes (or not) let us know in anear future date.

Well, so far no BSOD - it seems that Comodo is doing the job. Thank you once again for all the advice and help.

Great! And you are welcome. By the way, did you reinstall Webroot?

Actually, I have not got round to doing that. I have several other anti-spyware apps, although nothing resident at the moment - all running on scheduled sweeps. Speaking of which, since your advice about firewalls proved to be so good, what anti-spyware would you recommend?

I personally really like SUPERantispyware, especially the $ version, but I also use the free on a laptop and our family PC and it works very well. The only thing with the free is that you have to manually update. It is resident protection but it resource lite and they are always improving the product, even the free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back